Sunday, June 19, 2011

Fathers

Tractorhogs

Love you, Dad, and miss you so hard.


And since I can't really, STILL, talk much about my own father without starting an ugly crying jag (which he would hate), I'll mark this day by posting what was probably the best thing I overheard all weekend.

From 8-year-old daughter to her father, as Dad was getting ready to go outside and tend to some chores, wearing his old Carhartt coveralls:

"Dad. One of the buttons on your fly is undone. I don't care if it IS Father's Day--no one wants to see your junk."

Clearly, we are exemplary parents and role models. Why, earlier that same day, we sent a visiting neighbor child home with a bag of dead squirrels. True story! It's all about class down here in the holler, folks.

And yeah, this WAS the best way I could think of to kick-start this website again. It is, after all, its 6th anniversary. And to think, it all began with aluminum underpants. It's good to be back.

3 comments:

  1. I still love your family the most. (Sorry, other families.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you. And Bella's right. Nobody wants to see the junk...

    ReplyDelete