Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Little Bee

Little Bee Little Bee by Chris Cleave


My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I don't want to say too much about the plot, because I read this book on a spontaneous whim, when it was recommended to me by Kindle because I enjoyed The Help. I knew nothing about it going in, and it was a remarkable and delightful discovery. Given the subject matter, you'd expect the author to have given the novel a preachy, heavy-handed tone, but he didn't. It's a real gift, in my opinion, when a writer can allow the reader to do most of the legwork in that regard. You're left to develop your own readings of the characters and their motives, and trust me--you will.

View all my reviews >>

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I've wondering about this book. I think I'll download it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nothing to say about the book. LOL I was just thinking of you today and stopped by to say hello and hope that all is well with you and the family. Miss you.

    CP

    ReplyDelete