Saturday, February 07, 2009

Kerplode!

Overheard from the backseat of the truck, my daughter discussing with my nephew--her older, wiser cousin--how she would spend $100:

Bella: "Well, $20 I would use to buy candy. Then $10 on toys."

Grayson: "Bella, $10 would buy one or maybe two toys--that's not many toys."

Bella: "I already have plenty of toys, so I don't care for more than one or two. And for the next $10...I would probably go to IHOP."

Grayson: "That's only $40. What will you do with the rest?"

Bella: "Get a tattoo."


Overheard from the bathtub one night:

"AaaaahhhHHHH! I just have! So! Many! Ideas...I think I might KERPLODE!"


Pancakes and tattoos. It's enough to make a mom kerplode.

12 comments:

  1. I think you ought to break her of these international pancake desires. What about all the LOCAL pancakes she could be using her money to support?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She loves her some IHOP. And tattoos, apparently. All I can think of is the Denny's "Nanerpus" commercial from the Super Bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Or if you combine the two, she'll get a tattoo of a pile of pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have said it before and I'll say it again-----I LOVE THAT KID!

    Candy, toys, IHOP and tattoos. I would probably spend my fortune exactly the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pancakes and tattoos -- I can't think of anything else a girl needs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. there have been an alarming increase in reports of kerplosions

    ReplyDelete
  7. Toys, candy, pancakes and tattoos sounds like a perfect day to me, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard of lottery winners who don't have as sensible a long term financial plan as she does.

    And now I want pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A tattoo of a pancake maybe? LOL

    ReplyDelete