Monday, July 21, 2008

Summer Therapy

I could write a big post about how therapeutic and relaxing our day of touring farmer's markets and then processing our haul was. I could wax poetic about the magic of sitting quietly with my daughter, listening dreamily to the sounds of her happy chatter interspersed with the snapping of beans or the sound of purple hull peas plinking into a bowl. I could tell you about the sappy, happy pride of watching my child amble around with her very own money, conducting important business over fresh-cut flowers, handmade wooden toys, and strawberry juice drinks.

I could do all that writing, but I have pictures, and I'm terribly lazy.

she had $5 and there was no way she wasn't going to spend it

small people commerce

arranging a bouquet

flowers, strawberry juice, corn... perfect day!

Bella LOVED shelling the purple hull peas

*plink, plink*

Cheap therapy.

10 comments:

  1. looks like a lovely fun day, and healthy too! as always, love your pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes!!! Suddenly Bella looks so young-lady-ish in the photos!

    Maybe it's the important business aging her.

    Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a great day for you both! and so glad you blogged this, for us and for you. You'll always cherish this snapshot in time, and you're building such great things for bella to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like the old saying goes, A picture is worth a thousand words. I think your pictures explain things perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love picture posts! The market looks like an awesome place. Your daughter is beautiful as always. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the farmers' markets. They make me happy. I can totally relate. Sunday afternoon in my kitchen, husking corn, blanching veggies, packaging fruit and listening to Prairie Home Companion on NPR. It's medicine for my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course Bella is looking all cute in that adorable lil' (careful word choice-- in HER honor) pink outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Andrea (the sister)July 23, 2008 at 11:46 PM

    That last comment was NOT supposed to be anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Strawberry juice? Is that the farmer's market version of a lemonnaide stand? If it is, it sounds good. I might have to wake up before noon on a Saturday to buy some...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Belinda...I'm getting caught up on some of your recent posts, and I can see that you're really getting into the local food movement. I think it's so fantastic that you're getting Bella way into it with you! Those zinnias are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete