Monday, April 28, 2008

You Think You Know Cute?

This little pistol needs a name. She is FULL of herself. I went out to take some pictures of her over the weekend, and got a couple of nice shots and a LOT of attitude.

silly filly

Frizzy, fuzzy foal-hair is one of life's undersold joys.

the hair, it kills me

Sometimes, even babee horsees get very, very sad. :-(

dejected

I'M KIDDING! She was just sleeping. Seriously, does this look sad?

gallop

A certain amount of scrutiny was tolerated.

frizzy filly

But get too close, and the attitude comes to the forefront.

LOOK AT ME. I am cuteness incarnate

And with that, your photo session is over. LATER!

this photo session is over!

Also, Delta would like to remind everyone that today is her BIRTHDAY, and she is NINE YEARS OLD, and why are you wasting time on silly baby horse photos when you could be looking at something truly phenomenal?

smug and happy

21 comments:

  1. Happy birthday puppy dog! you are a beauty. As is the new baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post seriously MADE MY DAY.

    Thank you!
    Cheryl ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's not a baby horse, that's Jeff Goldblum! Just ask for an autograph and you'll see that attitude melt away.

    Okay, I have no idea why I said that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, that foal is too cute. Makes me want to have a horse again. Except we live in a suburb. With no pasture, nor paddock. Love the horsy pics and hope you survived the chicken coop re-do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think she looks like a Moxie. Definitely.

    Also, I think she looks like a horse I should steal and keep in my back yard and adoringly feed her apples and brush her coat for hours and hours.

    But definitely on the Moxie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, what beautiful girls! It's been way too long since I've gotten my hands on a babee horsey. Scritch her for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I finally found a girl who DOES have a pony! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That baby looks a little like Bella.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the pony looks like a Gertie. Don't ask me why, you already know I'm weird. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, the filly is so cute! She looks like a spunky little thing.

    Also - Happy Birthday, Delta!!! (Did she get a pupcake?)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathleen in OregonApril 28, 2008 at 10:23 PM

    Stephanie (Age 4) suggests Oprah! She feels that is a really good name
    I'll be back later when Emily thinks of a name, she's looking for a thesaurus!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Miss Delta - you are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy B-day Delta! How about Brazen (=sassy) in that long name of hers?

    ReplyDelete
  14. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DELTA! Now that the important bit is out of the way, I can now say.....

    OMG! That foal is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe Delta is 9!! My how time flies. *sniff, sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday Delta! Love the baby horsie pictures, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Roxie. She has Roxie all over.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want a pon-eeeeeey!

    She's wonderful, and I love the attitude pix. Roxie is good, as would be Trixie. : ) Whatever she is, she's definitely got spunk!

    Happy Birthday Miss Delta!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sage says Happy Birthday to his Sister! Sage got to play in the water for his birthday, he hates the water and has to bite it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I look at her and all I can think it "Donna Summer." The coloring, the eyes, the cloud of hair, the tall & graceful limbs?

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's Sweet Georgia Brown! Happy B-day Delta! from another Arkansas gal:)

    ReplyDelete