Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Buy Me Some Peanuts And Crackerjack

The fam, along with a goodly portion of our church membership, caught an Arkansas Travelers minor-league baseball game at the super-fancy new ballpark in North Little Rock the other night, and had a great time. I think my favorite part was watching my mom explain the basics of the game to my daughter, who was fascinated.

lessons in baseball2

lessons in baseball7

lessons in baseball8

lessons in baseball6

I didn't care if we ever got back, but Alex got really tired around the 7th-inning stretch, so we headed home early. Travs won, in their first-ever game against Arkansas' other minor-league team, the Northwest Arkansas Naturals. (OK, it was only with typing that out that I realized the cleverness of that team's name--not just a reference to Arkansas as "The Natural State," but also a nod to the Robert Redford film, "The Natural." Nice.)

13 comments:

  1. Your mom and your daughter are GORGEOUS. And your mom looks so intense!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom looks intense. She has no idea. Bwah ha ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day, when I travel through Arkansas, I would like to pick up my puppy and also have your mom explain baseball to me. And, show me her shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing like going to a baseball game live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Mom looks exactly the same as she did 27 years ago when I first met her!! Does she have a picture hidden in the attic? She needs to write one of those "How to stay young books" and become the new #1 bestseller; introduce her line of cosmetic and nutra-ceuticals and y'all can all retire to Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Especially the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe how much Bella is looking so grown up these days!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those photos of Bella are priceless! I think you created a baseball fan.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If it was me your mum was explaining to you would have shots of her beating me round the head. I swear I never will get sport.

    And your mum would still look lovely whacking me upside the head.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your daughter is beautiful. Those green eyes! Love these photos! What a wonderful memory to have for all three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I could watch baseball without wanting to PLAY.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love taking my "kids" to baseball games. Minor league games are so much fun! And so inexpensive!

    ReplyDelete