Thursday, March 20, 2008

Take One Last Look At The Untamed Locks

at the bookstore

Bella and I are off to get haircuts. Mine hasn't been cut since last year right before BlogHer, and hers hasn't been cut...well, ever, aside from one trimming of split-ends when she was 2 or 3. This event is easily the HIGHLIGHT of her Spring Break, and pretty much all she's been talking about for a month. She has an idea what she wants, and I'm just along for the ride. All I know for sure is that she's taking it down to shoulder-length, and that is has been "driving [her] crazy." I know the feeling.

Also: If this is what she looks like at age 5, what's she gonna look like at age 15? SOMEONE MAKE THE GROWING UP STOP!!

11 comments:

  1. The growing never stops *sniffle* On the upside though, my daughter's hair doesn't seem to grow at all. She still looks like Orphan Annie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the after pictures.

    Alan's hair doesn't seem to do much except get curly - but I can't wait till the summer he will get a buzz cut for super easy care.

    If his hair ever grew out enough, he'd probably look like gregg brady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I think I've said this before, but y'all are such DEAD MEAT when she decides it's time to start dating. Dead, I tell you. She is a Hellraiser with an angel's face.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so gorgeous. Can't wait to see the cut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cutie pie. I look forward to seeing the new 'do. HEY, NICE SWEATER BELLA! Lol Sweet Pea loves hers too. That is just such a cute design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can understand Bella's hair sentiments. I've been spending a lot of time contemplating my split ends and sharp little knitter's scissors thinking, "How hard can it be? You used to do it to other people's hair for actual money!"

    Fortunately, I seem to have developed self-control in my advanced age. Otherwise, I fear it's one of those things that would End badly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My seven year old, Eden, has started coming home from school talking about "boyfriends". My husband and I live in terror of the day when "boyfriend" means more than the boy she likes to climb on the monkey bars at recess with!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When I was in school (yeah, eons ago) we would be "going" with a boy. When my daughter was in school, they would be "going out". I used to totally tick her off when I asked her where she was going (especially since neither of them were old enough to drive)!

    I agree with bipolarlawyercook: Good luck when she gets older! (and it will come way too much sooner than you are ready)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Day-um, she's a beautiful child!

    Dory

    ReplyDelete