Saturday, November 24, 2007

A Really Baaaaaaad Movie


Does this image creep you out a little? If not, then you haven't had the (mis)fortune of seeing the most hilariously goshawful movie of 2007: "Black Sheep." Tagline: "The Violence of the Lambs." I blame Alex. And Jer, who suggested it TO Alex. I spent most of the film reading a magazine or browsing the internet to keep from giving it my full attention, and occasionally having to ask questions like, "Did that sheep just bite off that guy's--oh, it DID." So, you know, if the idea of bloodthirsty sheep, weresheep, and zombie sheep appeals to you, then rent this one. Or just watch the trailer, because that really has everything you need to see right there. And trust me, you NEED to see this trailer. Maybe not the whole movie, but definitely the trailer.

I am treating old Ramsey with just a bit more respect these days.


What about you? Do you have a movie that's just so absolutely terrible that you feel compelled to coerce other people to watch it?

12 comments:

  1. I don't get it. Where's Chris Farley and David Spade?

    Yeah, this movie looks bad. Really bad.

    Maybe you could send the Black Sheep DVD as a Christmas present to whoever's atop your S-List?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a certain BOY who would love this. It's right up his rather bizarre alley. I'll have to tell him about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a friend who absolutely LOVED this movie. He's been raving about it for ages to me.

    But, he's a little blood-thirsty when it comes to his movies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We rented it, hoping it would be the sheep version of Shaun of the Dead. Nope. Turned it off after 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMIGOD, I'm totally in the camp of weirdos who absolutely loved "Black Sheep." It was so cheesy and over-the-top that it was fabulous. The pacing was good and just when we thought we knew what was going to happen, something totally unexpected and UTTERLY DEPRAVED happened instead.

    We watched it Thanksgiving night, and it made my holiday. My brothers, sisters and I are all buying copies.

    I thought that it was really, really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the trailer to this...but refuse to rent it. Just a little much for me. LOL

    I do love love love love Showgirls though. It's horrible!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well THERE'S your problem... you didn't tell me that you didn't actually WATCH it, just that you peeked in on it from time to time to snipe. I don't think you are allowed to hate on a movie that you didn't actually give your attention to.

    I think you just thought of the BAAAAAAAD thing before popping it in and convinced yourself that it would be so that you could use it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. omgoodness I just blew a sheeps head off with my 4 year old daughter watching... "mommy one more time please!" o.0

    ReplyDelete
  9. In the beginning of the trailer, I thought it was supposed to be a comedy, but as it played on, I realized it was *trying* to be a horror flick.

    As silly as it looks, I'm glad I didn't watch it when I was about 10. I'd be scared of sheep for the rest of my life! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't even heard of this one, but now I've gotta check it out. Thanks for making me look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Heh, I laughed so hard at the trailer that I snorted. . . :)

    Ramsey's purty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Damn. Another screenplay I have to rip-up half way through the writing.

    ReplyDelete