Monday, November 12, 2007

Either Way, She's Playing God, And Mommy Is Not Flattered

Bella: "OK, we're going to play. I will be God, and Mommy, you can be Jonah."

Me: "JONAH? Why do I have to be Jonah? I don't want to be swallowed up by some leviathan creature."

Bella: (sighs) "Oh, all right. I will be God, Daddy, YOU will be Jonah, and Mommy--"

Me: (interrupting) "So help me, if you make me the whale, you are going to bed RIGHT NOW."

Bella: (exasperated) "Fine. You can be...some guy from Nineveh."


Related Posts:
Convincing
Why You Should IM With Jer
Enchantment: Broken
Nope, Don't Want No Trouble
Because 20 Years From Now, You Won't Believe Me

8 comments:

  1. You must've done SOMETHING to irritate her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you complaining about. People had a LOT of fun before the flood in Nineveh. Think of it that way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the Veggie Tales version in my mind just now...FISH SLAPPER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to let Bella babysit once this kid is done baking. The hilarity.. seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uh yeah you must be in trouble, you fish slapper (I love those veggies).

    I am however quite impressed anyone can say Nineveh. I can't ever get it out right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Out of the mouth of babes! My daughter called me a cow last week... don;t think she knew what she was saying but I took offense anyway!

    ReplyDelete