Friday, November 16, 2007

Ad Watch Today

Is it just me, or is there an air of desperation in this Sister Schubert ad? More specifically, in Sister Schubert's facial expression?
"Buy my rolls.  Please.  They have my CHILDREN."

"Buy my rolls. Please. They have my children."

Also, today, during a commercial for Mirapex, which is being marketed to treat Restless Leg Syndrome, mixed into the listing of the possible side effects, I heard, "Notify your doctor if you experience an increase in gambling, sexual, or other intense urges." Um... OKAY THEN.

"Honey, where've you been, and why is our checking account empty?"

"Let's just say my restless legs got REALLY restless."


Crap like this would seem SO much funnier accompanied by a DaveToon.

10 comments:

  1. Sometimes yelling at the teevee just feels good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks constipated.

    Hope those buns have some bran in them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's definitely on the brink...perhaps she cyanided those rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn it Dave, you beat me to it! I was thinking definitely constipated with a twinge of fake smile to cover the cramp pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And my GOURDS! PLEASE admire my gourds. PLEASE

    ReplyDelete
  6. About that Mirapex and gambling urges. It really does say that, and my sister and I have delighted in that concept since we first heard the commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know, I've laughed about that Mirapex thing for ages.

    Really? Uncontrollable GAMBLING? How random is that??

    Hey, my legs are quiet, but now I'm broke, and I have bookies after me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. > gambling, sexual, or other intense urges.

    Or decreased libido or impotence.

    Constipation or diarrhea.

    Somnolence or insomnia.

    Urinary frequency or urinary incontinence.

    Amnesia, confusion, delusions, hallucinations, paranoid reaction, or thinking abnormalities.

    Or nasal congestion.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Weird, huh?? That is the same thing with a Parkinson's drug...it increases gambling issues. A friend of mine has it and took that drug - she got SOOOOOOOO addicted to shopping on QVC (she couldn't leave the house to gamble, I guess. LOL). It was BAD! Strange!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Depression or not, that woman makes some darn good rolls!

    If it'll save her children, I'll but out the store.

    ReplyDelete