Sunday, March 25, 2007

Everybody's Traveling But Me, wahhhh.....

My mother, sister, brother-in-law, and nephew are currently resting up in Salina, Kansas, preparing for the second leg of their drive to Colorado for spring break. They left me with their dogs, which brings our current count up to, I don't know, ten or eleven. I better get a t-shirt.

I'm monitoring their progress through Andrea's instant photo-uploading, and have learned so far that they're enjoying a heck of a trip, including (all clickable)...

434472420_0c8fae7b1e
Backseat Scrabble

434472988_940d52049f
REALLY quality tunes

434472261_8a49b224c0
General Lee sightings

434473166_a6e2ce1024
Extremely polite toll Oklahoma toll roads

434472999_5336e9d273
Apparently many many hours of Kansas "scenery" (I love you, Kansas people, but you gotta admit that flatlands are only interesting for the FIRST thousand miles.)

434475356_9160878230
Fine dining in Salina

434473681_dfc5ea1c73
And best of all--what Kansas may lack in roadside scenery, they make up for with their kick-butt zero-gravity hotel rooms!

And since she'll be checking in here, as well, I offer my sister proof that Dawson is not, in fact pining away--he only did that for the first 12 hours or so, until he realized that she was not, in fact, right on the other side of the front door, and that his staring at the knob was not going to make it turn, bringing her back to him. He's doing all right now:
Guest of Honor Dawson
I'd have included a picture of puppy Harry, but he only registers as a black blur on film tonight.


434472042_2a0c49482d
And just for the heck of it, what in the world kind of hairoids does my sister take to get these ridiculous eyelashes? Seriously? (Oooooh, she's going to be happy with me for posting these, I just know it!)

12 comments:

  1. Yeah, yeah, yeah. All very nice. Sorry you're not traveling. Sister's eyelashes. Yeah, yeah, yeah.

    What I came over to see were your 80s Bershon portraits. The ones with the Flock of Seagulls hair.

    Okay. I'm just going to sit here until I see the Bershon/New Wave goods.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even on a long, boring roadtrip, your family somehow manages to make it interesting. I am very jealous. my family.........just plain nutty yet somehow boring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you know you're both beautiful.

    That photo of the hotel room is GREAT!

    I often wonder who is more lucky-the ones that are out travelling the world? Or me with my margaritas, blogs and Heroes....hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously I NEED whatever is giving your sister those great eyelashes.

    And that photo of your nephew flying across the hotel room beds is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anybody reading this: BELINDA HAS WON A THINKING BLOGGER AWARD THAT SHE REFUSES TO AKNOWLEDGE. We all know how modest she is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love car trips, our family always had fun on our vacations (4 kids/2 parents in a 15 passenger van).

    I love the flying boy in the hotel room, awesome picture:o)

    I also want to hear about this award that Andrea is hinting about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's the shirt going to say? "My family went away on spring break and all I got was this lousy dog sh*t?"

    ReplyDelete
  8. that acutally looked like a fun family vaca!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pics of the fam and the precious "chilrens" are just fine, WHY are you posting pics of ME on your blog?? I am SO gonna dig out some JEWELS of you that I will . . . I will . . . okay; I won't do anything 'cause I don't have a blog. You stink.

    The caption under th eone of Daws made me cackle; staring at the doorknob . . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. So what is this Award, Missy?

    ReplyDelete