Monday, February 19, 2007

Because We Didn't Have Enough Pets--UPDATED

We adopted this over the weekend.

We think we're sticking with "Jack" for his name, just because. He's about 7 or 8 months old, neutered, good with kids and dogs, and highly entertaining. Alex is in charge of regular bathing and nail-clipping, since it's "his" cat. Sleeps on MY head, but it's "his" cat. Go figure. Anyway, Alex has missed having a cat in the house ever since we've been married, and having plunged him into the depths of dogtown and horseville the way I did, I couldn't very well say no when he brought up the notion of having a pet cat again. Apparently Buddy the Barn Cat didn't count, because he wasn't a cuddly, snuggly lap-cat. I think I'll adjust pretty well, despite never having been a cat person before--this is one darn personable cat. And! No sneezing by me!

Jack welcomes all visitors, and enjoys napping, taunting poodles, eating, sleeping on people, "catloafing," and Windowsill Theater.

Especially when there are squirrels, which is pretty much daily.

Special thanks to MFOA rescue, and Jack's fostermom Kristen. We'll give him a good home, with plenty of live theater!

Edited for Avalon (because I give the peoples what they want):


16 comments:

  1. Want two more cats? And possibly two dogs? I think you might have already met one of the dogs. They're all really nice, just driving me NUTS! How do you handle so many animals!??!??!??!? ( I know, I used to have almost as many, but that seems like a whole life time ago!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Jack for finding the absolutely perfect home for loafing and live theatre. He's very pretty and hopefully he will not end up being another worthless pet like SOME kitties I know and loathe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. TSM-terrifically superiorily mediocreFebruary 19, 2007 at 10:08 PM

    Sooner or later, he'll get bored with the squirrels an' start sittin at the foot of your bed as a spectator. It's a cat's lot in life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, maybe I'm being a bit prejudiced here, but pictures of A CAT?!?! And no other Poodle puppy pictures. Something has gone terribly wrong at NINJAPOODLES! I am suffering withdrawl. never mind that we haven't seen a new shot of Bella in about skeighty-eight months. help a girl out here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a beautiful cat and that's a perfect name. Soon enough he'll be in charge of your whole world, horses and all. Cats are like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We used to have female cat (Audrey) that looked almost like Jack's twin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the first shot.

    It shows pure cattitude.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like Jack, he is a very striking cat!! Cats are fun, but I am not ready for another one yet. I also have never looked for one as they find their way to me on their own:o)

    The puppies are just too adorable and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohhhh Belinda~~ My very best friend in the world. The puppy pictures just for me!! I love them. The first, of bella and the puppy is cuteness personified. The second is hysterical, kinda like super grover without the cape and helmet....but the third.......DEMONNINJAPOODLE comin' atcha!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alex has the best deal in town. I want sole responsibility of bathing and nail-clipping a cat! (And you get the dogs? -- he's smarter than I thought!) I never met a short-haired cat who needed either, but you go girl. Or Alex rather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. aw Jack is pretty!

    Poodles pups are positively precious. (Sorry...got carried away with the alliteration)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jack rocks.But, he's a cat, so he already knows that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are allowed to adopt me and bring me home. But I'm allergic to cats so Jack would have to go. I'll bring pot roast and snickerdoodles with me. Think on it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We're bathing the cat, which gets rid of the saliva enzymes that trigger allergies (it's not the hair or dander). So you're good. Come on down, and bring those 'doodles!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Puppies!! They are adorable and make me want one or two. Cat is cute, too--love the first picture as well. He's a sly looking devil...maybe his real name is Capt. Jack Cat Sparrow?

    ReplyDelete