Friday, December 29, 2006

I'm Being Formally Charged With Parental Misconduct

I'm working on a different post, but I just had to break in for a minute to report that my daughter, who has been pleading, begging, whining, nagging, and crying about her VERY intense need to GO TO THE RESTAURANT AND SEE AUDREY (her favorite 4-year-old peer, whose parents own and operate the new Italian restaurant that we've been frequenting in town--I believe Bella thinks that Audrey and her parents just happen to be there every time we go) for the last 5 hours, has pulled out the big guns.

She just threatened to call the police if I do not meet her demands. And also to not be my best friend any more, but the police thing was way funnier.

Seriously: "Mommy, I have to tell you, that if we do not gototherestaurantandseeAudrey RIGHT NOW, I am going to CALL THE POLICE."

I nearly wet myself. And fortunately, while I was typing this, she changed tack, and came and hugged me, told me she was sorry, and that she would "try very hard to be good...if we can just gototherestaurantandseeaudrey."

Good thing she changed her tune, too. Otherwise I'd have had to call the police. And because I have a healthy respect for law enforcement (and because we already decided to do so hours ago), now we're off to THE RESTAURANT. To see Audrey. And hopefully snag some drool-worthy spinach manicotti...after we've each eaten a homemade herbed roll as big as our heads.

14 comments:

  1. Dang! With yummy stuff to eat like that I'd want to gototherestaurantandseeaudrey too!

    Bella never fails to just knock me out with the stuff she says. She's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL- makes you wonder what she's seeing on TV! My son actually DID call 911 once, when he was seven, just like the nice people at school had told him to. But, Asperger's kids take everything literally, and therefore, I had to explain to the operator that he didn't believe 911 was real number because it was too short and was just checking to see :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you are feeling better! Also that Bella has learned that you catch more flies with honey! Enjoy the dinner/playdate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bella is tooooo funny! She reminds me of my daughter at that age, although when Katie said, "I will NOT be your friend anymore!" I replied, "I'm not your friend. I'm your mother. I'll be your friend when you are a grown up." And that's pretty much how it is now that she is 23 and out on her own. Enjoy every minute you get with Bella. She will be grown and gone in the blink of an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, she's very advanced. I didn't call the police until I was seven.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My daughter decided that if the house was on fire she would call a solicitor - on the premise that she probably started it - I know she was only 4 1/2 at the time - but we remind her of this now she is 24 and a police officer...

    I think your daughter might just get some understanding from her !!!

    hugs and brilliant post...

    Shani

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Bella is too cute!!! My niece, Bailey, has a flare for the dramatic also and is is so hard not to laugh when she says these serious things.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm laughing so hard, I almost peed myself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok, first of all...I failed to comment the other day on the beauty that is you down in those photos. My goodness. HOT MAMMA.

    Second of all, Bella and my children officially may never meet. I know, I know, I wanted them to meet before, but now I realize it would end up just being a large, evil, childrun state and we'd be either hauled off to jail or "sold to the gypsies" as I was threatened with not too long ago.

    My daughter also called my MOTHER today to tell her I wouldn't let her listen to the "Choo Choo" song for the 400th time. Once I got the phone I caught you know what from my MOM. MY MOM. I'm 32 years old and I got yelled at by my mother today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very funny. Their first threat is always so special. I have a 7 year old smartypants, and my grandparents are in town doing some serious spoiling. We always have to retrain her when they leave. Heh. Good blog! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL That is just too much!

    Happy New Year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh gee, can't wait to be a parent and see how many times I get threatened with legal action. ;-)

    ReplyDelete