Saturday, December 02, 2006

Game Faces


We've got 'em on. Here's a peek, as per Jane's request a couple of weeks ago, of our little fam, dressed in red and ready to root. (Get it? Hog, root...) Whooooooo, PIG! SOOOOIEEEE! RAZORBACK! Oh, and that thing in the photo above? Is a HOG HAT. Devised specifically for smuggling bottled hooch into ballgames.

SEC Championship game. Mojo ON.

Just kidding. He does not actually wear that at home.

He wears this one. I don't know what will happen when it finally starts to disintegrate, but I'm sure there will be some sort of ceremony.

Bella puts on a red shirt, and then we HYP-MO-TIZE her.

Yup. No one's immune. And just as an aside to my mother and grandmother, who are thinking, "When will you ever post a photo of yourself in which you HAVE actually showered, styled your hair, and put on makeup, for the love of Pete's sake?" Uhhh...Christmas. I promise. Or maybe even sooner. Really. I swear.

*UPDATE: As we go into halftime lagging by 10 points behind Florida (curse you, Gators!), my husband just announced to me, "I HATE Chris Leak, because he is the OPPONENT, and if you say he is 'cute' ONE MORE TIME? You. Are. Going. OUTSIDE."

I laughed, but only a little. Because? I think he meant it, and it's cold out there.

**UPDATE 2: We are now in mourning. Florida fans, tread lightly, lest ye crush our fragile psyches. Anyone caught performing the Gator "chomp" shall be summarily dismissed, without prejudice, for at least the next month.

20 comments:

  1. That's one angry-looking razorback!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey it's cooler than the Wisconsin Cheesehead hats!

    My brother lives in Arkansas and is a fan. He must not be very happy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice that your husband talks to you like most people talk to their dogs! "Stop doing that, or you're going outside!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, it was a rough game--he was rather distraught at the time.

    And now we are in mourning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly how you feel. Our beloved Cornhuskers stepped in a pile of Sooner poop in the Big 12 championship game. But look on the bright side. It's now the Huskers vs. the Hogs in the Cotton Bowl. Should be a good game! How are the new furbabies doing?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmm...I never thought about it before, but Chris Leak IS good looking. Tim Tebow is as well.

    And they are both good Christian men.

    So...um...some weather we're having, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh come on now, you gotta love Chris Leak. He went to Independence High School in Charlotte! And he is cute as well as being an excellent quarterback (He even has his own Wikipedia entry!). Just wish he had decided to go to college in-state.

    Speaking of which, I am sorry for your current football pain, but my empathy is tempered by a few things:

    -How many games has Arkansas won? I'm betting it's more than 3.

    -Did YOUR team allow Duke (I mean Frickin' DUKE, people!) to score 44 points on the football field? (Not to mention the fact that they only managed to scrape by with a one-point win?)

    No? Well, then you don't know the pain of being a Carolina fan. I believe you Razorback fans will manage just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sorry (well, not really beacause now we get to play for the national title). I hope you won't be in mourning long and will still speak to me:o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. NO WAY that the Gators win that game if Darren McFadden does not sprain his ankle. He is the engine that dives our entire offense. I mean, he will be 2nd in the Heisman voting this year as a sophomore and will be the odds on favorite next year to win it. So, when he went down our "wildcat" package went out the window and so did 140 yds per game of rushing. What other tailback do you know that has 1,600 yds rushing, has thrown 7 passes this season with 4 going for touchdowns, lines up out wideout and BURNS lockdown corners? We missed him.

    And then, little Reggie Fish. Ouch. We have huge momentum in the 3rd quarter and he tries to catch a punt over his shoulder on the 10 yd line and fumbles in the end zone? Aaaarrrgh.

    I know, sour grapes and yeah, that's the way things go, but we lost it, Gators didn't win it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, sorry y'all lost.

    BTW, Geo was in your neck of the woods today. I told him to stick his arm out the truck window and wave "Hi".

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at those big eyes. Those arched brows. My god, is she beautiful.

    (You too, Belinda.)

    If it helps, I pay very little attention to the SEC. I'm too busy cheering on the Big-10 and reminding Kyle that "nobody cares about the PAC-10."

    ReplyDelete
  12. I watched. And was sad with you. I really was.

    The only silver lining, is that as a former Spartan and life long ND fan, I am pleased to see Michigan left out in the cold. I hope the freeze to death.

    No, really. I do.

    ReplyDelete
  13. At least your college football team is decent.

    Try having to cheer for the MN Gophers some year.

    Yeesh.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I may live in Florida, but I am rooting for whoever wears that ridiculous hoghat. They win by default, automatically in my book.

    CP.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Andrea (the sister)December 4, 2006 at 11:43 AM

    Sorry, Alex, but Chris Leak is WAY cute.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is what i read:

    "blah blah blah sports blah blah blah football blah blah blah stupid hat blah blah blah blah".

    americans and their football. mystery for the ages. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is what i read:

    "blah blah blah sports blah blah blah football blah blah blah stupid hat blah blah blah blah".

    americans and their football. mystery for the ages. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! I dont like football too much, but I like the way you write about it! :)

    It's not football's fault I dont like it though. It just gets blamed for my husband blocking me out. Poor football.

    ReplyDelete