Friday, November 24, 2006

No Joy in Mudville

Since even Darren McFadden couldn't pull the Hogs out of a loss to LSU today (bye-bye again, "Boot"), we are in deep mourning. You think I'm kidding?

Also, my sinuses have me in misery. Stupid allergies. That's right, we still have plant allergens floating around, in Almost December. Stupid crazy Arkansas non-frosting weather. Actually, we had one frost, the morning after Kevin promised to send some of his Chicago cold down to us, but that was followed by several days of mid-70's inappropriate balminess that still continues. BEGONE, you misbegotten balminess!!

And if that weren't enough, my reaction to antihistamines means that I have the jimmy-leg. I absolutely HATE the jimmy-leg. It just herks and jerks and drives me crazy. Restless-Leg Syndrome, you are a useless, stupid malady. What is your problem, anyway, you jerk? HA! Get it? JERK. Hoo, boy, I'm high-larious.

Anyway, I am too antihistamine-doped to come up with anything substantive or entertaining today--although I have to record officially that Isabella has been on SUPER model behavior (by which I mean that she has been really good, as in "model behavior" qualified by a superlative, NOT that she has been purging food, throwing tantrums, and stomping dramatically up and down a catwalk or bringing home $10,000-an-hour paychecks) for the last few days, can you gimme hallelujah--so I'm just going to send you somewhere funny and go crawl into bed, where I will spend most of the night kicking my husband and blaming the jimmy-leg...probably even after the jimmy-leg wears off.

This post brought to you by me channeling the style of the inimitable JenB. Except that I'm wearing pants.

8 comments:

  1. I loved this post ;) especially the model behaviour part! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon!! I think we (Gators) might be playing the hogs for the SEC champioship. I can't sympathize with you on their loss:o)

    That robber was stuuuupid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Isabella has been on SUPER model behavior (by which I mean that she has been really good, as in "model behavior" qualified by a superlative, NOT that she has been purging food, throwing tantrums, and stomping dramatically up and down a catwalk or bringing home $10,000-an-hour paychecks)"

    Funniest.
    Line.
    Ever.

    Love you, dolly.

    CP.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why is it so easy to picture Bella stomping dramatically up and down a catwalk? In poodle pants ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Because "stomping dramatically" would be her primary mode of mogation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i am flattered at the style credit. if by style you mean barfing words on the page and then going to watch sex and the city reruns. :-)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not entirely convinced that you were wearing pants while writing this. Need. Proof.

    It's not like you ain't got a camera somewhere around there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I never promised continuous cold weather. I do what I can. Mother Nature is a fickle mistress.

    ReplyDelete