Thursday, September 07, 2006

The West Nile Virus Story

If you're interested--and if you live in Arkansas or surrounding areas, AND/OR have horses or ponies, you should be--I've put the detailed story of our experience with the devastating destroyer that is the West Nile Virus up on my Ninja Poodles Local blog. Direct link to West Nile post here.

If you (Kim? You gone to Peru yet?) are particularly well-informed about WNV, please do leave a comment over at the NPL post correcting or adding to what I've written. It's an important topic.

7 comments:

  1. I left a comment at the NPL post and thought it was a great article. We have a lot of WNV here and are always concerned about it. Our horses are regularly vaccinated and have had no problems, even with other horses begin diagnosed in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Belinda, what a scare. Thank goodness Alex spotted Magic yesterday morning and that you quickly called the vet. Hope she fully recovers!

    Oh, and you didn't think you could sneak by the new blond hairdo by me did you??? Oh wait, I see it's Kim. Yeah right, it's Kim not you. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will never see me go blonde, not ever. Red or dark brown instead of this not quite auburn not quite brown I have naturally, maybe. But never blonde or black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great information on WNV on your local blog. It hit New Mexico and when people get it -- no fun,either.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad the pony is OK...yeah Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  6. if you want some amazing and frightening insight re: how the heck it could get here anyway ... read this book, but don't say i didn't tell you it's super duper frightening AND TRUE!

    ReplyDelete