Friday, September 29, 2006

Surgery Day!

Hi there all. Alex here, or "Hogsnorts" or just Mr. Ninjapoodle to all that know and love me. And to all you that don't know me, I am Belinda's husband. So there.

I am sitting here in the waiting room while our beloved Ninjapoodles is still in surgery where she will still be for the next 2 hours or so. This is supposed to be about a three and a half to four hour proceedure. Please pray all you internets and friends she has made out in blog land for her safe passage to this new beginning of her life. A life free of immobilizing pain. A life free of the agony that would not let her enjoy even some of the simplest of life's pleasures that you and I take for granted.

As you know she was terrified about today. Saying over and over again, "What if I never wake up?" All I could say is " Sweetheart, God put you on this planet for a purpose. He gave you Bella to love, raise and take care for and I depend on you a lot, so there is no way he would take you from us!" That, and the Versed starting to kick in gave her a little relief and she relaxed. But, only after repeatedly imploring the anesthesiologist to promise to "NOT KILL HER!" "Really, did you hear me? Do not kill me. I will haunt you." I think he finally took her seriously. Because I know her, and she would do it. I can not imagine a Belinda ghost. Man. I could never get away with anything. She would be right there saying : "AAAllllleeeeexxxx, pppuuuuttttt dddddooooowwwwwnnnnn tttthhhhaaattttt tttoooooiiiilllllleeetttt ssseeeeeaaaaattttt. " Ooooohhh. Gives me the shivers.

Anyway, please everyone, keep her in your prayers these next few days. For they will definitely be needed. This is going to be a long recovery and she needs all the love the world can send.

Thank you from Mr. Ninjapoodles.

God Bless


ADDENDUM: 11:45 AM

Belinda is out of surgery now!!! Yeah!! Everything went Ok. There will be lots of details forthcoming but I will leave those to her to write to you all in the way that only the Ninja can.

Long story short: She is out of surgery, everything went according to plan. No complications. She has a very good prognosis. Yeah, again!!

She is in a tremendous amount of pain right now even with her morphine drip. Hopefully the worst won't last long. Of course, there will be the pain of recovery, but that is only temporary compared to what she has endured to this point. She has her life back, and will be regaining it little by little.

Thank you for all your prayers and for your continued prayers for her recovery.

Mr. Ninjapoodle

36 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're around for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell her we're all pulling for her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell her I love her more than chocolate pudding. And that is saying something.

    Big hugs to ya'll!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless you for thinking of us during this ordeal, Alex. We're praying for her.

    {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the update and hugs are coming at you from around the world.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update. Horray! She shall soon be all better. *hug*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad to hear she is doing okay!! I lit a candle for your family this morning:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness! I'll keep all of you in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alex,

    Tell her that a crazy pack of Poodles and their equally crazy mother in Connecticut are rooting for her!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!! So happy to hear she made it through with flying colours. Love to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We've only just been introduced, but I'm glad the op went ok and hope the recovery is speedy. X

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I am so relieved. Please tell Belinda I'm thinking of her and hoping she recovers quickly and can start her new pain-free life soon. Thanks so much for the report, Alex. Hugs to Bella!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Real poodles and Alice (aka Auntie Poodles) in Nova Scotia are rootin' for all of you! Sounds really good for Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great news. I know the recovery hell will be worth it once it's over. Pain feels so good when it stops...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank God the surgery went well! Thanks for posting this, Alex. Tell Belinda we're all thinking of her.

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, Belinda and I had surgery on the same day! I am so glad she is okay...please tell her to get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait for another update. Kisses to Miss Belinda. *hugs to everyone*

    ReplyDelete
  18. De-lurking to send prayers, wishes, and hopes for a speedy recovery...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Prayers from over her for a speedy recovery. Huge hugs to all three of you.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hugs and prayers and poodle kisses from Keizer!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for posting the update, Alex. I am relieved that Belinda is safely out of surgery and finally on her way to a life free of pain.

    ReplyDelete
  22. All my love and good thoughts are going out to your guys. I am happy the surgery went well.

    I admit to have a bit of a selfish reason for sending all these good thoughts.

    I am pretty sure that if she came back as a ghost, she would take a couple of side trips out here once in a while to mess with me.

    And she scares me a little NOW.

    Hang in there, guys!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the update, Alex. I'm so glad that everything went well. Prayers work.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I thought you'd be posting -- thank you! My heart and my fervent prayers are with each one of you -- that Belinda will be well soon, that she will never know another day of pain, that you will all step right into the rest of your lives and LIVE them, and isn't that going to be a just the grandest thing?

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ah... thanks so much for taking a minute to keep us "in the loop!"

    Let her know that we're all wishing her the best. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. AAAAAAAAlllllllleeeeeeexxxxxxx! *grin*

    Hiya, dude. Thank you so much for taking the time to post updates on what must have been a long and stressful day for you. I've been thinking about Her Poodleness today and I'm thrilled to hear that all went as planned.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mr. NP,
    Thank you so much for the update. I was thinking about her today and sending good healing vibes your way.
    Mrs. NP,
    Get better soon..We need ya back on the net asap.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh I could kiss Alex for posting updates.

    Get well. Blog when you're able. Our NinjaMamma is being thought of 'round the world!

    ReplyDelete
  29. yes, thank you Alex for the updates. please continue to let us know wassup.

    i am a prayin'.

    xoxoxoxo


    jen

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for taking the time to let us know how things are going, Alex.

    And some great big vitual hugs and plenty of good vibes heading Belinda's way!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for letting us know, hugs and love to you all from your far-flung imaginary friends Down Under.

    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is wonderful!! Thank you for updating us!! (((your family)))

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for the update Alex!! I was thinking and wondering all day yesterday how she was doing. I'm glad to hear that she came out of it well! Yay for the pain-free days ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Been waiting with baited breath to hear B. was doing well. Thanks A for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete