Sunday, July 23, 2006

Station Break

We interrupt regularly scheduled programming to indulge in a picture-post, having finally been able to liberate from their digital prison the pictures from our Tennessee trip, where Bella's flower-girl dreams came true. As I understand it, a couple of people also got married on that day, but you could barely prove it by this mommy's photographs.

We'd barely gotten into Tennessee before Alex and I were both too sick to drive, and had to call in my sister to pinch-hit for us. Meanwhile, Bella demonstrated that us folks from Arkansas literally have class and grace just coming out our noses.The first thing we saw when we finally got to our hotel in Clarksville was this sign. I don't think we ever quite figured out the art of "lingering."Somehow, we managed to get ready and get to the pre-wedding photo session on time and with the flower-girl in costume, every hair in place, and in a great, cooperative mood. She immediately began assessing the situation and looking for weakness she could exploit to her advantage...And obviously hit on something right away. But she wasn't telling.And Mommy got LOTS of keepsake photographs of her baby girl from the outdoor shoot. Oh, and there was a pretty bride, too. This Very Good photo is obviously one of my sister's.
A wedding is often a "hurry up and wait" affair, and I was very pleased and relieved at the little one's patience and quiet attitude. At this point, it had been a couple of hours already, with another left to wait before the ceremony. Look at that posture! That poise! (That handsome cousin!)And when it was time to perform, she went in and did her job impeccably, and took her place among the bridesmaids......where things quickly began to deteriorate. The issue, as I learned while whisking her down the aisle and out into the vestibule, was that she "thought that there would be DANCING," and commenced to get things started along those lines--during the ceremony. I knew trouble was coming when she carefully set down her flower-basket. Do you SEE that look?So this is how we watched the rest of the wedding--on the church's jumbo-tron. Well, it wasn't that huge...a "big-tron?"This exclusion from the remainder of the ceremony did not sit will with Her Highness.But, soon enough, the wedding was done, and the reception was in full swing, and it was party time!Oh, and by the way, this is my Grandmother. I'm not telling her age, but know that I will be 40 years old this year, and realize that this is my Grandmother. Wow.So off we dashed, back home, but not before Bella found her magic wand and turned us all into monkeys for two days.We arrived home safe and sound, but regretting that we never did get a biscuit while we were in Clarksville. Because, for some reason? We really felt like we needed one.Full flickr set here.

15 comments:

  1. Good timing-- I was just looking at this Flicker set and then came back here and you had posted this! I swear...anytime I need a reason to get all sappy-teary eyed all I have to do is come look at your wedding pictures and the pictures of Bella as a baby. Works like a charm EVERY time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Works on me, too (the baby pictures)...especially NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, thankya. Awfully self-indulgent, I know, but sometimes I can't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's your grandmother?!? Talk about great genes.

    I love the photo that someone (you?) took of Alex videotaping Bella and Grayson. Something about taking a picture of a person videotaping just cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup. I PRAY for those genes. I think my sister got that picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a grand time! And Bella, adorable as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these pictures of Bella. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, what a gorgeous flower girl. I enjoyed this photolog muchly!
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bloglines didn't tell me you updated! Grrr...anyway, you know that I think Bella is the most stunningly beautiful child (next to mine of course) ever. Why "Modern Bride" hasn't called you about her modelling for them is beyond me. And that photo of her kissing the bride's cheek? Perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe that's your Grandmother either. I was going to guess her age at 60, but that can't be. She looks wonderful.
    What a true little princess Bella is. Those faces! Oh my gosh, the camera loves her! And she's gonna love these pics when she gets older. Don't forget to bring out the nose picking picture on her first date. Maybe you should just remind, Alex. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your grandmother is hot!!! I'd love to look that good now! and I'm only 2 years older than you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the way Bella is dressed like a miniature of the bride! SO cute.

    There's a picture of you and Bella cheek-to-cheek at the wedding that is just beautiful. I'm ever a sucker for Mommy-and-Me photos.

    P.S. You need more pics of "hunka-hunka" Alex on your Flickr set, so we can see what he looks like. Or is he camera-shy like my hubby?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your grandmother is beautiful! I have always thought so, and of course, I think Judith is beautiful and so are you! Good genes!!! : )

    I have told many a people about how lovely your grandmother is, but I'm actually a little miffed that I have more sagging skin under my chin and around the neck area than she does!!!!!

    Love ya!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Grayson is going to be drop dead handsome - man I feel for your sister already.

    Bella is a hoot, she is so beautiful in the pic's, but I love the play by play commentary, particularly the "uh-oh basket down" moment, hee hee.

    ReplyDelete