Wednesday, June 28, 2006

I'll Be Right Back

Seriously, I swear. I'm just not doing very well right now. The new painkiller does its job, but there is this small window in which I have pain relief AND am not too sick to move, and I have to try and cram a full day through that window every time I see it open. Knowing that everyone has already lowered their expectations of me but that I'm STILL managing to let folks down is sobering. Hang with me just a few more days, and I really think I'll be back.

We got back to our HOME on Monday evening, and I needed about a day and a half to recover. I still can't do much. Managed to prepare pancakes for Alex's dinner tonight and felt like I'd accomplished some sort of Herculean feat of strength, and then had to lie down and "spin" for a while (at least I feel like I'm spinning, though Alex assures me I'm remaining stationary).

We're having some issues with our wireless thingie (looks like a squat blue bunny, says "LINKSYS" on the front, you know the guy), so if I want to use the computer I have to go and--get this--SIT UP for the time I'm on it, so that's why you haven't seen me. Because the sitting up is not so much happening with me for extended periods of late. And I can't upload our mazillion pictures from the trip yet because they're on the 1GIG memory stick for which we have not the correct cable. It is coming in the mail, though (the cable), so as soon as I have it, you will be inundated to the point of sickness with the pictures. In the meantime, I'll post the ones my sister took to my flickr site.

I have four-hundred-and-eleventy-trillion emails waiting for my attention, many with subjects such as, "HEY!" "WHERE ARE YOU?" "ARE YOU OK?" and "WHERE THE HECK IS MY STUFF?" I'll start working my way through those (probably backward) A.S.A.P., I promise.

On the topic of BlogHer, I kinda can't imagine going feeling like this, but I'll try to make the final decision soon, so that someone can get use of my tickets if I can't. And yes, I'll do my best to make the trip. Swear.

Oh, and here's a little video. Bella had planted a spontaneous kiss on Grayson's cheek earlier, so of course while we were taking pictures, Andrea and I tried to STAGE it. This is one incarnation of the picture we got from that effort:And here was the behind-the-scenes "true story." Please notice my sister and I in unison drawling, "Do it again, but sloooooooooowly." Such fine directors we are.

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad to finally hear SOMETHING from you!! I was worried! I'm praying that you are up and at em soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Belinda take it easy - most important thing is that you are ok, don't worry about conferences, replying back to emails or blogging, those are pebbles in the bigger pond.

    I love that picture, Bella and Grayson are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Methadone is a something they give to people who are trying to get off Heroin..you know what heroin does? it supposed to make you throw up and then you get really high. I think thats what you may be going through. However, you need to get your ass to Dallas and see a pain mgt Doc here.... good god.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the picture, the swirls in the background and how serious and handsome Grayson looks, how grown up and gorgeous Bella is. Your family is just gorgeous, all around.

    I really hope you're feeling better, that the Methadone helps with the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That picture couldn't be cuter!

    Just take care of yourself. We'll wait patiently until you're ready.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just noticed you sub to Doug Krile's blog...you know I work with him, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You take good care of yourself and don't worry about making any more pancakes, answering any emails...people understand. If you need anything, ANYTHING, let me know. You know where to find me. Hugs!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was going to complain about the fact that I can't see the video. It's not working for me. Then, I was hoping that someone else would have mentioned it and no one has. So, now I'm thinking that it's just me.

    Is that right? Is it just me? Or is everyone just being nice to you because they don't want to bother you? They all feel bad about your pain issues and here I am COMPLAINING about not seeing the video.

    It's only because I love you sooooo much and want to hear your lovely voice again on the video.

    Oh, Belinda. I miss you. We need to talk. Soon. Feel better first.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Y'all have been through the ringer! I hope you feel better soon. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete