Friday, May 19, 2006

psssst! it's happening again!

Yeah. Locked in the bedroom with the child and the dogs, because there are strange people in my house, again. Only this time I'm doing it drug-free, so it's a toss-up as to whether J.T. the poodle or myself is the more upset. I'm thinking me. He's barking and pacing more, though, so I dunno. Anyway, just wanted to check in with a status report. The movers are bringing in the big heavy stuff now, and since I can't bear the stomping about of strangers, no matter how nice, all over my house, I'm hiding like a headcase...which I am. When they're done, we'll go back to the other place and see if the dumpster has been delivered, and start cleaning...in preparation for the cleaning lady who's coming tomorrow, and to whom I will be apologizing profusely every 15 minutes or so. Because I hired her to clean, and empty houses are her specialty, but I just feel bad that it's my mess, you know? Yeah. Sure you do.

More later. Agent Fruitcake, Out.

11 comments:

  1. I hope they unload fast.
    Good luck with the cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would drive me nuts to have the strangers in my house too...hope it goes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Lord, let the woman do her job and clean your old house. Don't clean up just for her. If her specialty is cleaning houses after people move out, I can guarantee you she's seen it all.

    Instead, take yourself and your family out to dinner and have a drink. A nice big margarita or a mojito sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Snerk. You make me laugh. I think I'd have about the same reaction to people stomping around my house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My MIL used to hire a cleaning lady, until she realized that she cleaned up the house they day before just so that the cleaning lady wouldn't think she was 'dirty.' Don't do that to yourself - take a break!

    At least the movers will be gone soon, right? Then you'll have all your stuff at your new house. I'm sure that will make you feel more at home there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree 100% with Margalit. Just think how close you are to being DONE with this moving business.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use to move a lot when I was young. Stopped 12 years ago, whew, its better that way. New stuff is up to the wives to move in and out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL..

    *smile* At least you aren't doing it yourself.

    -n

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha, I would so be freaking out with strangers in my house, too. Hopefully, it all goes smoothly and quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's why I don't have a cleaning lady. I'd have to clean more if I had one because I couldn't bear to have her clean my messes.

    ReplyDelete