Saturday, April 08, 2006

Can't Turn Your Back On The Ninjas


They steal your grooming products. Of course, in this case, I can understand Halle wanting to tidy up, because this was just after she had plunged headlong into the koi pond after either a duck decoy or possibly a fish. Once she got in there, she just swam a leisurely lap around the perimeter and came back to her point of entry and climbed out and shook herself off and went looking for her next spot of trouble. We are really holding out for a PERFORMANCE home for Halle--someone needs to put this girl to WORK!

They use your computer, engaging in lengthy IM exchanges with shady-sounding Jack Russell Terriers or Doberman Pinschers in other states. If you have also left your credit card within paw's reach at this point, you are in REAL trouble. We do hang the car-keys up very high.

Mostly, they totally hog your bed, and then look surprised and indignant that you'd ask them to MOVE. Top to bottom, here, we have J.T. (Impulse Bad Intentions), who's next slated to hit the show ring from here (and whose litter-brother, "Spy" had another win yesterday which brings him to within only one major win from finishing his championship), and then Halle and Huggy from the Christmas Eve litter, who will go to other homes. Unrepentant ninjas, all, practicing their expressions of deep innocence and sincerity. HA.
And for the most part, they get away with it all scot-free, because, as Huggy demonstrates here, they're just. that. pretty.

14 comments:

  1. Goodness, you beat me up this morning.Yes, they are pretty, maybe one day I will add a Mini to my Standards.

    Let Huggy keep swimming, as long as she is not fishing at the same time:o) Maybe play some retrieve games with her to keep her instinct up.

    I can sympathize with the bed hogging part, but my girls just take it while I'm already in it. If no room is left it means mom is there to be layed on. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something about those crazy eyes and the knowledge that there's a point on the end of that stylist comb would make me back. away. slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some cute little (not so little) puppies! Do you have homes for the christmas eve ones, or holding out for perfection?

    ReplyDelete
  4. they grew so fast! at least to me. i am surprised they are so big already. although i feel the same way about my kitties and child. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. jess, we're watching bites as the permanent teeth come in, and that will decide a lot. They have these fantastic unerjaws, and we want to make sure we have good, solid, correct scissor-bites with the permanent teeth before sending one off to a show home. Huggy has one lined up, pending those grown-up teeth, which should be coming in any time. With showdogs, you only want to send out the very best, so a little thing like a perfect bite, that would not matter in the LEAST with 90% of dogs, really matters.

    As for Halle...she is shaping up to be a great prospect for obedience and agility, so I'd like to hold out for that kind of home for her; but it wouldn't break my heart to have her just in a loving pet home--as long as they hide the credit cards.

    We're just not the "get 'em out at 8 weeks" type of breeders, I guess, because we are really interested in how they develop, and we can housetrain them in the meantime, and socialize them, and someone will wind up with a very well-adjusted, happy puppy with a much better idea of its aptitude than if they just got a "blank slate" at 8 weeks. I guess that's why we don't breed very often, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I share my bed with three cats..so I can relate!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's why I can never have poodles. I have no grooming products. They would riot.

    Nothing worse than wilding poodles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How freakin' cute! With my massive allergies this time of year, I'm seriously thinking of trading in my shedding, icky beagles with poodles.

    Do you have a dog exchange program? One that takes 1, 3, and 7 year old doggies?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too have 3 of the evil black beasts (1 mini, 1 toy, and one rather fat oversize toy; all rescues, so we know how that goes). The sense of entitlement they have is AMAZING. Heck, we even bought a bigger bed to accommodate their diabolical selves. And are they grateful? Hell no! One of them still wants to sleep on my head. On my head! But, they are pretty cute. Yours are pretty cute too, and I totally understand the hypnotic stranglehold they have on you...

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have lived with cats and pugs, but perhaps they were nice because they were other people's responsibility. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is it about the faces & eyes of pets that they just can get away with murder? I'm such a huge spoiler when it comes to Cheeta misbehaving. Even if she nips at my toes & I send her outside, I will feel bad if she looks sad. Hopeless, I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My kids believe we're getting a dog someday. If we do, it's definitely going to be a poodle. They really are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ok, let me be the next to say that they've turned out to be GORGEOUS. Congratulations. I don't have any doubts that we're looking at future champions.

    If only they'd learn to groom themselves, wouldn't life be perfect? Then again, I enjoy the time that I spend grooming my poodle, and I think he does, too.

    ReplyDelete