Sunday, March 19, 2006

Paint Tease And The Screamin' Memes


THIS MUCH, I Heart It
Originally uploaded by ninjapoodles.
Blogger still not cooperating with picture-posting, so just a few (five) painting sneak-peeks up on flickr. The colors are not exactly true, because the "good" camera, she is busted, and these were taken using the still feature on the videocam. The "old" color is a true, pea-soup green. Really. The new color is Sherwin Williams' "Flowerpot," and it's a very true, deep terra-cotta color. I love it SO much, I would marry it. Yes, I would.

And next, because I said I would do it DAYS ago, and because jess asked, and she's sweet beyond sweetness, and for the love of Pete's sake, she has FOUR KIDS. How could you possibly deny her anything, you cruel people? It wasn't a bad one, though, so if you wanna play, just drop a comment so we know where to look!

I Would, If I Could...

3 things you wish for (just for you):
1. TIME.
2. To ride my horses again. A lot.
3. Instant Fitness!

3 things you would do to/for yourself if there was no one to judge you (or if you had the guts to do it!):
1. Spa. For a month.
2. Have professionals take over the house moving/painting/repair debacle, at both old and new sites.
3. Big ol' pretty teeth--veneers on every single one. I would blind you with my giant, gorgeous, movie-star smile.

3 bad habits you have:
1. Sloth/Laziness/Procrastination.
2. Staying up too late.
3. Mutilating my fingernails/cuticles by hand.

3 insecurities you feel:
1. The bod, it is gross, and no one should look directly at it.
2. That almost every parenting decision I make could be done better, and should be.
3. That I might inadvertently offend/hurt feelings in others.

3 talents/skills you wish you had:
1. Computer/web design
2. Math/Algebra. Without throwing up.
3. Guitar, and a more beltin' singing voice for church choir!

3 things that you would do if you had more time:
1. Train my young horses
2. Art/Soapmaking
3. Competitive agility with the dogs.

3 things that bring you peace/relaxation:
1. Alex and Bella...in GOOD moods.
2. My mom.
3. Prayer.

3 things that spark your creativity:
1. Reading (books, magazines, blogs).
2. Conversation.
3. Seeing things through Bella's eyes.

15 comments:

  1. Okay, I did the MeMe? and put it on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Computer web design and even programming aren't very difficult, Belinda, though like anything it does take some time to learn. The HTML, CSS, and design skills really don't take long though.

    My parents have always had dogs and while they aren't involved in agility shows they do obedience shows with them. They also are involved with Therapy Dogs which means they go to hospitals and visit with long term patients with the dogs. They've got a Poodle and a Tibetan Terrier at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I looked at the new color, very nice. I like the red, much better than the pea soup.

    "Flowerpot" what a pretty name.
    I wonder who thinks up these names?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I mutilate my cuticles, too. I don't bite my nails, and they are actually really pretty, grow well, and are very thick. People usually think they are fake. But when my cuticles look terrible, as they do this week, who cares!

    At night, because sometimes I pick till it hurts or bleeds, and I end up with huge, nasty hangnails, if I'm in bad shape, I'll rub antibiotic pain-relieving ointment on them. It relieves the pain and help speeds healing. Just a tip from one picker to another!

    (P.S. - If I have a particularly difficult piece of cuticle that I can't pick off with my fingernails, I will use tweezers, because I get that obssessed. No, I'm not proud, but thought you should know in case it makes you feel better!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's freaky. Your three insecurities are my insecurities.

    I'd love to learn how to play the guitar. It's this little thing called "not enough time in the day" that keeps getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I, too, do the cuticle thing. Even with tweezers! I think that many of these things we all share, or at least feel at one point or another. For me, the body and the sloth/laziness bits really struck a chord.

    Oh, and I love the color! It will look so warm and inviting. I'm jealous that you can paint. We want to paint, but I've got to have ventilation when I paint, which means we have to wait until it's warm enough to open the windows and doors (at least mid-April). Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So interesting!! I totally relate to the Instant Fitness thing!

    Hey... you're my new tenant! I'll send people your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't think we didn't notice that you cleverly crammed five bad habits where only three should go.

    Good thing we're keeping an eye on you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think at this point, I'd kill for a talent in math. Aye!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! Staying up too late! Me too! Me too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it just me or did everyone read it as "Strip Tease and The Screamin' Memes"? Ok. Just me. Sorry.

    You know, I don't DO meme's unless specifically asked. Or, if you buy me a drink. Which normally gets me into trouble because I'm totally fun when I've tipped back a few. Heck, I'm fun when I haven't. The more I've imbibed, the more honest the answers or the more I have drinks bought for me the more I.... let's just stop there, shall we?

    Is it Goofy Monday? Cuz I'm all over that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, you closet thrill-seeker, you! Sky-diving? Whooo!

    utenzi--ees hard for me. And I love that your parents have SPs and TTs, because I always watch the TTs at shows and wonder about what they're like. They look like neat dogs.

    Kim, thanks! I like it soooo much I'm trying to think of other places to put it in the house!

    jessica and erin--so glad you both shared that, because now I don't feel like SUCH a total freak. I've done it since I was a kid, and don't know why. I can keep from it, but not during stress. I even tear my fingernails off, right down to the quick. Yuck.

    erin--does even water-based latex bother you? I'm pretty sensitive, but that doesn't bother me too bad.

    maidink...doesn't everything in the world boil down to TIME, really? *sigh*

    panthergirl--yes, I want a one-time PILL. And then I promise never to let it happen again, the slow and gradual decline into flabbishness. And thanks for having me!

    Mr. Fab, but if you look closely, you'll see that it's three different expressions of basically the same "deadly sin,"--SLOTH.

    VG--during school, I sure would've given some teeth for it.

    Dan! I know! We gotta cut it out!! With the poor sleep-hygeine!!

    Mocha--it's just you.
    And you know you'll do it. Doooooo it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That gave such a wonderful glimpse into who YOU are. I can't imagine you hurting someone's feelings, you're just too sweet. To see things thru a child's eyes...we should never lose that vision.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did this meme a while back and I can identify with the time, instant fitness, and spa! I also get creative inspiration from my daughter. Love the new color by the way and looking forward to the "finished" pics! There's nothing better than a fresh new coat of paint in a room...well as far as redecorating goes! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. jane--I wouldn't, on purpose, but I'm always wondering if I have. All I need is a sidewise glance to set my insecurities alight.

    blondemom--I love paint. Hate the painting, but love getting the actual paint up, and pictures hung, etc.

    ReplyDelete