Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I've Decided To Consider It A Term Of Endearment

Bedtime conversation last night, that began out of the blue, apropos of nothing:

Alex: "Hey, where do you go to find that--"

Me: (interrupting, and without looking up from what I'm doing) "I don't know, but I bookmarked it."

Alex: (exasperatedly) "You don't even know what I was going to say."

Me: "Yes, I do, and I bookmarked it."

Alex: (smugly) "All right, then, what? WHAT was I talking about?"

Me: "That website that shows the assessed values of homes, on a map. And I don't remember where we found it, I think Jesse sent it to us, but I bookmarked it."

Alex: (wearing a slightly creeped-out expression) "Did I say anything about assessing or maps?"

Me: "No."

Alex: "Then how did you know that's what I was thinking of?"

Me: (laughing softly, and leaning over to kiss his big ol' forehead) "Because I KNOW you."

Alex: (pushing me only half-jokingly away) "Get away from me, you freak!"

13 comments:

  1. That's creepy. But who am I to talk? Katie and I do that all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freak is a term of endearment. I know, Geo calls me that all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. kevin--and I bet you both look cute doing it.

    maidink--thank you. If Geo refers to you that way, it MUST be a good thing. I mean, they'd never deliberately disrespect us, right? Right?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has nothing to do with this post...but I emailed you. Did you get drowned in paint? Did you murder someone with your trim??

    chase@tastetheworld.org

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do that too, and it's SO MUCH FUN! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband and I do it all the time too. One does it and the other screams "Get out of my head!".

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're lucky. often, after LENGTHY explanations, neither of us have any idea what anyones talking about!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, you two luurve each other! Like two peas in a pod you are!

    Chris and I also do that, I'll say "honey, did you..." and he'll say "yeah, but I have to go back down in a minute", and I know he knows I'm talking about the laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think all married couples can do that once they've been together long enough.

    It's a beautiful thing when two freaks find each other...

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh that is so sweet. Sigh, I want to be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do that all the time to D. Usually it's during a private conversation (not that kind of private! Perverts.) where we are discussing our impressions of our friends insecurities. :)

    However, we once demonstrated our freakish talent during a game of Cranium. It was a Cameo - act like the famous person or character without using names of movies, books, or people associated with the person. I looked at D, took a deep breath and he instantly said "William Shatner".

    It was right, but our friends were rightly frightened.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes, the love...remind me to tell you all about how he PUNCHED me squa in the kidney last night, IN HIS SLEEP. HARD. He was dreaming about spiders. Spiders so big that you punch them?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ha! When I was single I worked for a husband/wife team and they never had to go behind closed doors to have a private conversation. They'd just talk right there and no one had a clue what the hell they were talking about. Now after so many years of marriage I don't find it as bizarre.

    ReplyDelete