Friday, March 10, 2006

Best Quote Of The Day

Credit to my Mother-In-Law, who is graciously visiting for the weekend. I love her, love when she's here, and Bella is BESIDE herself. Anyway, we're eating some of Alex's fabulous steaks for dinner, and during all the chit-chat, MIL says, "Alex, do you remember that fellow who used to ride a unicycle up and down the street, always saying, 'I am plums cuckoos?' Well, he's in the highest segment of Homeland Security now."

I nearly inhaled a crouton.

As it turns out, the unicycle-riding and "plums cuckoos" stuff happened when this person was a child, but for a while there , it was just apropos to the point of being poetic.

My camera, a Sony Cybershot 7.2MP, suddenly will not extend its lens. When you turn it on, it makes a labored little noise, then says "Turn camera off and back on again," but when I do, the process just repeats. It works fine in all other modes. Anyone got any ideas?

9 comments:

  1. How old are the batteries? You may want to try and just change them and see what happens. Technical I am not, but I always try that first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In fact, sometimes just taking the battery out and putting it back in will "reboot" the system. Works with cellphones when they go crazy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally unrelated to the camera question and your blog entry...We were in Las Vegas last weekend and touring around in a place called Valley of Fire. I love rocks and petroglyphs so was in heaven. I looked up and said, "Look that rock looks just like a poodle." Laughter from my cousins and husband. "No, really, its a poodle." Later, back at the visitors center look here about half way down (http://parks.nv.gov/vf.htm) for what I found! Smug, smug, smug! We have a small black standard.

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! I love it! It looks like a poodle puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No luck taking the battery out and "resetting" the camera. :-( It came from Wal-Mart, though, and is relatively new, so we're going to box it up and try to exchange it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That labored noise happened with my SLR camera and when I had it looked at I was just told that it no longer works and is worth nothing. I hope that yours is a different problem. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the way, I'm sorry to be a downer on my first comment at Ninja Poodles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. stephanie, no worries. You're not a downer! Like I say, at this point, we're gonna try to return it, since we've only had it a short time. It was a stopgap purchase until I can get my much-desired SLR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well my old Olympus was dropped once and it made funny noises with the lens not coming out - it had gotten bent, i was able to unbend it (unfortunately, the warantee didn't cover dropping it) - also low batteries make them do funny things.

    Hope you can get a new one soon.

    ReplyDelete