Friday, February 03, 2006

All God's Chil'ens Got MeMes

(Is it only in the South that "memes" = "skeeves," as in "screaming memes?") Anyway, I've been tagged repeatedly, by various sources, and put off responding. So first, upon multiple requests, I give you the ubiquitous "FOUR THINGS" meme:

FOUR JOBS I'VE HAD:

1.Pharmacy technician at a large hospital. Free. Prescriptions.
2.Waitress, waitress, and waitress. Darn good one.
3.Bartender. A non-drinking bartender. Bet I made some good drinks, eh?
4.Progressively, groom, exercise rider, and trainer at a couple of large Arabian horse stables. Healthy, good-feeling work, if you can make a living at it. Which you can't. And there is no health insurance. FOUR MOVIES I CAN WATCH OVER AND OVER:

Sadly, there are so many more than four. And for my husband, the answer would be "all movies." Anyway, here are four that will stop my remote-clicking in its tracks when I see them:
1.Shawshank Redemption
2.Fargo
3.O Brother! Where Art Thou?
4.The Mummy and The Mummy Returns. Yeah. Got me a thing for Brendan Fraser AND Oded Fehr. Especially Oded Fehr. Who are you to judge me? (And Imitation of Life, and Dark Victory, and The Usual Suspects, and The Color Purple, and American Beauty and Twenty Dollars and Night On Earth....oh, help me.)
FOUR PLACES I HAVE LIVED:

1.Kosciusko, MS
2.Anchorage, AK (most beautiful place ever)
3.Van Alstyne, TX (which is why I now appreciate every OTHER place on the earth)
4.Jacksonville, AR
FOUR T.V. SHOWS I LOVE TO WATCH:

Yeah, embarrassed about the numerous candidates for this one, too. But "love?" OK:
1.Boston Legal
2.The Boondocks
3.My Name Is Earl
4.Angel. Still. In syndication on TNT, thank you TiVo.
FOUR PLACES I HAVE VACATIONED:

1.Guadalajara, Puerto Vallarta, and Mexico City, Mexico
2.Mom's Greers Ferry Lake house, AR
3.NYC--more than once, but one time? Dude? I performed (singing) at Carnegie Hall. It was sa-weet.
4.Chicago
With Dishonorable Mention to my personal Worst Vacation Destination EVER, The. Poconos. PA. Remind me to tell you the story sometime.
FOUR OF MY FAVORITE DISHES:

Notice how they will all kill you if eaten exclusively or to excess.
1.Southern Fried Chicken. With mashed potatoes, fried okra, green beans and biscuits, and sometimes gravy. Preferably made by my mother.
2.Spinach/Mushroom Lasagna with Alfredo sauce and many white cheeses, made by me.
3.Marinated Ribeye steaks and giant baked potatoes and grilled asparagus, made by my husband.
4.That accursed warm Italian chocolate cake with ice cream at Carino's.
And I have to add, ANYTHING prepared by Peter Brave, especially the Haibut of the Gods and his chocolate creme' brulee'.
FOUR SITES I VISIT DAILY:

I won't count Bloglines, though that's where I start, or Google, which I hit a million times a day. Or dooce, which we all know we read just about every day.
1.jenandtonic, even double-checking when bloglines says she hasn't updated. WHICH IS OFTEN.
2.finslippy
3.Blogography, which should be mandatory by some sort of internet law
4.Sweetney
And soooo many others from my blogroll that I can't even mention them all. I don't visit every site on my blogroll every day, but I make my way through them about weekly. No one is on my blogroll that I don't personally read and appreciate.
FOUR PLACES I WOULD RATHER BE RIGHT NOW:

1. In a completely repainted, decorated to my specifications, and fully furnished house. Oh, yeah, and the barn is also finished and stocked with hay.
2. Age 4 again, at home with my mom, then watching "Wild Kingdom" in my Dad's lap, and just loving them both so much.
3. Snuggled up in the giant bed with Alex and Bella, watching a movie or reading books.
4. Manhattan, seeing some shows and gettin' my eat on and drinking that samovar-made tea at the Firebird Cafe with Alex.
Tagging? I'm trying hard to think of ANYONE who hasn't done this yet--I mean, it took the miracle of jenB doing it to spur me on--but, dang! Look, if you haven't done it yet, you might as well get it over with. Resistance is futile, and participation is immunization. Leave me a note telling me when you're done, so I can check out your brilliant lists.

3 comments:

  1. i love you man. if it was legal, would you marry me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see that you posted this earlier this month and that Jen has proposed marriage, but I would like to call the question of the statue of limitations on such things when one seems to find the wonder that is YOU, BELINDA only after the fact.

    Might I also remind you that I made amends to earlier faux pas by kissing your feet and thus, am in the running for an illegal, albeit warranted, marriage to you as well?

    By far, the most entertaining 4 Things Meme I've read. But this is only the third. No fear. You rock, girl.

    p.s. Have I told you my favorite thing about leaving comments on Blogger is the 'choose an identity'? Why they don't have Angelina Jolie as a choice is beyond me.

    ReplyDelete