Saturday, January 28, 2006

See Jane. See Jane Write. See Jane NOW!

Seriously. I'm way late in doing this, because we lost modem connection for 24 hours, but this week's tenant is someone who is honestly and truly an inspiration to me, in so many ways. I told her recently that she's my hero, and I wasn't even kidding. You can spend hours in her archives and links, and it's time well spent. Jane is that rare individual who is a survivor...of things that don't go away, if you get what I mean--things she continues to live and deal with, and also serves as a shining beacon of hope and courage to others facing some of the same issues. THAT is the person we should all try to be, and my life is truly better for having "found" her. Jane is a family gal, with a loving husband, the titular "Tarzan" of "Jane Loves Tarzan" and a wealth of family and friends. She continues gracefully to cope with tough issues such as bipolar disorder (both as a sufferer of the disorder herself and in a "caregiver" capacity to a loved one), depression, grief, loss, addiction...and just keeps shining through. She personifies the idea of refined silver--or tempered steel, depending on the situation--in that she has become a stronger, more beautiful and complete person, and more able (and always willing) to help others through each "test of fire" from which she emerges.

The point? Click on her thumbnail to the right, and check out Jane. You won't be sorry. Show the love, people. I mean it.

5 comments:

  1. Jane is often a favorite read of mine, and I agree with you, she's a real inspiration to use all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out Jane's site and loved it. I am fascinated by the genealogy stuff anyway and to find some cool links on her site was neat. I am amazed at how people handle their problems and from the few blogs that I have read, the blogging seems to help them talk about it more. My uncle had quite a few disorders and we lost him and his dog in July, when his trailer burned down. It hit my family hard and we all felt guilty wondering what else could we have done. It took us a little while to realize that he had to help with the change also and we could not do it for him. Thanks again Belinda, for posting Janes site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My gosh as I read this I was shaking my head, that can't be me she's writing about. I am so very humbled & touched by your kind words. Thanks for renting me your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who else could it be? As I wrote, I kept thinking of the process of tempering steel, and how by putting it through heat and stress and manipulation time and again, you're making it stronger. And how silver can only be purified through fire...it really did seem fitting when describing you. You are, as digi says, a gem.

    ReplyDelete