Sunday, January 22, 2006

Cold And Wet, Old And Achey, Hinky And Linky

OFF WE WENT today...to Wal-Mart for miscellaneous supplies, then again to Sherwin-Williams for more paint. MORE PAINT! Wheeee! I can tell you, because you are my friend, and you won't say anything, that getting out of bed today HURT. We were moving like arthritic koala bears, but without the cuteness, or, sadly, the being stoned on eucalyptus leaves. And it was pouring rain. And just sooooo cold. So we made our stops, took turns getting out and getting drenched, compared aches, pains, vairous megrims, and the combined effects of starting/stopping our various drugs, and tacitly agreed to GO HOME. The old one. We just can't do it today. The crouching, the climbing, the stretching, the eye-strain, the inhalation of fumes...it's just too much. So we're resting. That's right. RESTING. Got a problem with that? Alex is watching Denver/Pittsburgh, with the big Samoan knocking the crap out of those nice boys from Colorado, and I'm reading Southern Living, Oxford American, and bookmarks magazines...ALL THE WAY THROUGH.

Bella's the smartest one of the bunch--she refused to even get out of her warm pajamas this morning, so she rode around warm and dry in the truck eating french fries and singing, and is now nestled snugly in Daddy's recliner in those same pajamas looking smugly superior. I think she earned it this time, too.

Can I just share with you a few blogs I have discovered of late? Actually, I'm gonna, so forget I asked that. There will be more later, most likely, and I will be changing up my blogroll, but here are just a few of the ones you may not have noticed, and should:

Jurgen Nation--my favorite from my own category in the BoB awards. AND a professional photographer. Spend some of your money with her. I DID. I'll show you the pieces after they're framed and hung. Who knows, you may choose some of the same ones.

colouring outside the lines--OK, you can tell by the way she spells "color" that Andrea is Canadian. So based on past blog - related experience, I already love her. Great blog, and oh, my, she's an engaging artist. Spend some of your money with her, too. Again, I DID! Not telling which piece yet, but you're welcome to poke around on her gallery site and guess.

Genuine!--Not the horse, all you Arkansas Arabian Horse Club members. This one is an official Hot Dad. Trust me, you will LOVE him.

Paper Napkin--Is it possible that you don't read Sheryl daily? Whatever this year's biggest blog award is, she should win it.

Vesper's Escape--Not only is she smart, quick-witted, and poetic, but she's gosh-darned adorable, and has the most awesome haircut that I will be taking pictures of to my stylist. And instead of just a Creative Commons license? Her site says, "May you burn in h**l if you copy my writing." Deserves much attention.

ONE-MAN BANDWIDTH--You just have to go, and see for yourself. I could write a whole post extolling the virtues of this amazing site of an American professor teaching in China, but really, you MUST see it.

Mommymatic--Cute, funny, smart, deserves hundreds more readers. She claims to have only three readers, but I know she's lying because there are always more comments than that. How do I already know she's quality? Two of her favorite books--To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee, AND A Prayer For Owen Meany, my favorite of many dearly-loved John Irving books. And obviously, anyone who agrees with me on something so important as literature MUST be cool, right? RIGHT? Yeah.

And just while I'm sitting here watching it rain: Gretchen, PLEASE push out Baby Fireball! What are you trying to prove, Ms. Week 41???

And, for you techno-geeks: I dropped my Sony digital camcorder/camera, and now the flash won't work. Send it back to Sony, or try for local repair?

And one last thing, since I missed it last week: DELURK! DELURK! DELURK! Come on and comment, ya big pansies.

17 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! Thank you! I've never had anyone help me "advertise" before! You ROCK! :)

    (And thanks for the kind comment, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I calls 'em like I sees 'em. I'm still trying to decide on groupings. Good stuff, blogwise and camera-wise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha, you wish you were Canadian.. hee hee..

    Actually, in all honesty, I think one of the best things that has come out of my experience with blogging is that I've met quite a few decent Americans (that don't like Bush), and I can now see that not all Americans are E-VIL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a sort of lurker, and new here. I think I made a comment before, maybe not. Either way hello!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh I wish I was like Bella today, curled up on the sofa in my pj's, instead of venturing out in the cold rainy weather sitting at my work desk. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Just delurking. Pia sent me first time, now I drop by occasionally. OK now I should get back to work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a sweetheart, Belinda, for doing some blogger-tising for me! :) Got any pups or yearlings I can plug on my blog? Seriously, though, thank you for the kind words. Looking forward to more painting photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eucalyptus leaves make you high? Well, you learn something new everyday. Too bad there's so many toxins in them. Hey! Thanks for the shout out, mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Belinda! I'm new. I like ninjas and poodles. Let's be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  10. belinda! the registration site for Blogher is now live. Rates and whatnot, to give you a better idea of cost.

    Oh, and hi! This shall count as my delurking.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soo I've done a rough calculation and if 10% of your total readers actually DO visit my site, my readership will QUAD-FREAKING-DRUPLE. Aaaaawesome.

    To say you rock is like saying Bella is cute. Or that Bush is a little slow on the uptake. Gross misunderstatement either way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, I found you a couple of days through BoB. And what should trickle to my inbox today but: item # 5464366113 Baby Gap 2T Smocked POODLE Dress w/ Matching Hat.
    I don't know what size Bella wears, but if she is still in a 2T BabyGapwise, this would be so cute on her!
    come check out my blog, stay at home mom going quickly insane, at http://www.1blueshi1.blogspot.com
    and comment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Back atcha, Busymom!!

    Celena--I do! Actually, I love being American, I love being Southern, and I love being Arkansas. What I truly desire is some sort of wrinkle in the space/time continuum that puts all my wonderful Canadian friends within 10 miles of me. Get on that, wouldja?

    GG-Welcome! If you're actually goofy, you'll fit RIGHT in.

    VG--When I can get the picture posted, you'll really be green with envy. Remember when you could sleep anywhere, in any position, and not wake up full of criks and pains?

    Hi, Bonnie--I'll be visiting everyone myself as soon as we get moved. Welcome!

    Andrea--the pups never need any help, as they pretty much fly outta here, spoken for before they're born, mostly. But I do have some horses that I would give away to good homes, rather than sell them to strangers, because while we're gaining house-space, we're losing acreage, and there isn't going to be room for everyone. Hmmmm...horse for artwork exchange, perhaps???? ;-)

    Sheryl, why do you think they look so dopey all the time? That's all they eat! ;-) (Did y'all see that? I just totally got a Paper Napkin COMMENT. I'll never wash this page again.)

    hanni--you got it! I don't know how to type an umlaaut, but I'll be your friend!

    Supa--I shall check it out, and cross my fingers!

    Stef--totally making me laugh, you nutball. (word I learned from JenB--isn't the internet wonderful?)

    blueshi--I will visit! May be a few days, since our home connection is off, but I will! Bella's mostly in 3-4 stuff now, but she TOTALLY had that dress and hat! LOVED it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What eloquent kindness...

    Thank you...

    I still chuckle every time I hear your great blog name...just wonderful...all of it...


    Good thoughts from the Middle Kingdom...

    LON

    ReplyDelete
  15. warhammer gold warhammer money warhammer accounts tibia money tibia gold tibia item runescape accounts buy runescape accounts runescape money runescape gold runescape gp runescape power leveling runescape powerleveling cheap rs2 powerleveling runescape equipment buy rs equipment runescape runes cheap rs2 runes runescape logs cheap rs2 logs runescape items buy runescape items runescape quest point rs2 quest point cheap runescape questpoint runescape gold runescape items runescape power leveling runescape money runescape gold buy runescape gold buy runescape money runescape items runescape accounts runescape gp runescape accounts runescape money runescape power leveling runescape powerleveling tibia gold dofus kamas buy dofus kamas wow power leveling wow powerleveling runescape questpoint rs2 questpoint Warcraft PowerLeveling Warcraft Power Leveling World of Warcraft PowerLeveling World of Warcraft Power Leveling Hellgate money Hellgate gold buy runescape logs buy rs2 items cheap runescape items Hellgate London gold Guild Wars Gold buy Guild Wars Gold runescape items rs2 accounts cheap rs2 equipments lotro gold buy lotro gold buy runescape money buy runescape gold buy runescape runes lotro gold buy lotro gold runescape money runescape gold cheap rs2 powerleveling eve isk eve online isk buy runescape power leveling rs2 power leveling tibia gold tibia item runescape accounts Fiesta Silver Fiesta Gold Scions of Fate Gold Hellgate Palladium Hellgate London Palladium SOF Gold Age Of Conan Gold AOC Gold ArchLord gold tibia money tibia gold runescape accounts runescape gold cheap rs2 powerleveling buy ArchLord gold DDO Plat Dungeons and Dragons Online Plat

    ReplyDelete
  16. A片,aio,av女優,av,av片,aio交友愛情館,ut聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,色情聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,080聊天室,視訊聊天室,080苗栗人聊天室,上班族聊天室,成人聊天室,中部人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,情色聊天室,情色視訊,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,視訊,免費視訊,美女交友,成人交友,聊天室交友,微風論壇,微風成人,sex,成人,情色,情色貼圖,色情,微風,聊天室尋夢園,交友,視訊交友,視訊聊天,視訊辣妹,一夜情,A片,A片

    情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,情趣,按摩棒,跳蛋,充氣娃娃,情境坊歡愉用品,情趣用品,情人節禮物,情惑用品性易購,A片,視訊聊天室

    免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情色交友,免費AV,色情網站,辣妹視訊,美女交友,色情影片,成人影片,成人網站,A片,H漫,18成人,成人圖片,成人漫畫,情色網,日本A片,免費A片下載,性愛

    A片,色情,成人,做愛,情色文學,A片下載,色情遊戲,色情影片,色情聊天室,情色電影,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,免費視訊聊天室,一葉情貼圖片區,情色,情色視訊,免費成人影片,視訊交友,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,言情小說,愛情小說,AIO,AV片,A漫,av dvd,聊天室,自拍,情色論壇,視訊美女,AV成人網,色情A片,SEX,成人論壇

    情趣用品,A片,免費A片,AV女優,美女視訊,情趣用品,A片,免費A片,日本A片,A片下載,線上A片,成人電影,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,微風成人區,成人文章,成人影城,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊色情網站,一葉情貼圖片區,做愛,性愛,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,美女交友,做愛影片

    av,情趣用品,a片,成人電影,微風成人,嘟嘟成人網,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人圖片區,,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,色情,情色電影,aio,av女優,AV,免費A片,日本a片,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,聊天室

    情趣用品.A片,情色,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,情色視訊,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,色情,寄情築園小遊戲,情色電影,色情遊戲,色情網站,聊天室,ut聊天室,豆豆聊天室,美女視訊,辣妹視訊,視訊聊天室,視訊交友網,免費視訊聊天,免費A片,av女優,av,成人電影,成人,成人貼圖,成人交友,成人網站,自拍,尋夢園聊天室

    ReplyDelete