Saturday, January 07, 2006

And Don't Let The Door Hit You On The Way Out.

---Be careful of the words you say, keep them soft and sweet; You never know from day to day which ones you'll have to eat.
--Author Unknown

"During my time in Congress, I have always acted in an ethical manner within the rules of our body and the laws of our land."
--Tom DeLay, in his letter resigning as Senate Majority Leader

"Main Entry: ethical
Part of Speech: adjective
Definition: moral
Synonyms: Christian, clean, conscientious, correct, decent, elevated, equitable, fair, fitting, good, high-principled, honest, honorable, humane, just, kosher, moralistic, noble, principled, proper, respectable, right, right-minded, righteous, square, straight, true blue, upright, upstanding, virtuous.
Antonyms: corrupt, dishonest, dishonorable, immoral, unethical, unrighteous."
--Roget's Thesaurus

9 comments:

  1. I'll be glad when his face is no longer plastered on our t.v.. And there's a few others I can think of I won't miss too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack Me-Abramoff has the potential to take a lot of people down. I hope Delay's at the top of the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I said before, the current charges against DeLay won't stand to convict. Sorry to ruin the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a curio: we know what/who you don't like. What/who do you like?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup. I'm with you, sistah!

    Hey, your frapper and flicker seem to have munged together. What's the haps?

    ReplyDelete
  6. SEEYA!!!!!!

    He fits the antonym, for sure.

    Asshat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Digi: It's not really about "liking" or "not liking," but I can give three major examples of contemporary people I respect immensely for their ethics and morals: Billy Graham, Jimmy Carter, and Rick Warren.

    The point to me was not whether or not DeLay is convicted (it's unlikely in this administration of cronyism), but his bizarre usage, knowing what we now know, of the term "ethical" concerning his political behavior. Maybe he'll have more time to read, now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Since he's announced he won't be pursuing his leadership position because of all this, they may not pursue him as aggressively.

    Current charges may not stick as I'm sure they'll bargain, but they will have enough to convict him.

    ReplyDelete