Friday, December 23, 2005

We're In Labor!

Not so much "we" as "Hope." I heard the tell-tale signs about an hour ago and went and put her in her whelping box. She's taking her time with this batch, she is, and for the first time ever, we don't know how many puppies to expect. Her puppy-counting x-ray was scheduled for about 7 hours from now! Contractions are now strong and regular, and I expect to see the first little one within the next minutes. Alex is making waffles, which I guess is as useful a thing as any for him to be doing. I'll post next when we have wee baby poodles, and if there are any nightowls up tonight, this is where I'll be! "mishahouse" on AIM. Wheee! Christmas puppies!

1 comment:

  1. Shouldn't poodle puppies be called "poopies"?? :-)

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete