Thursday, December 08, 2005

Ha, Ha, The Wakefulness!

Because I am up, nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking-chairs for no earthly reason, and having just had to get up to make my three-year-old daughter a peanut-butter annwich (don't ask me) in order to keep her quiet, for fear of her yelling about not having said peanut-butter annwich and waking up her daddy who needs his sleep and who I, incidentally, do not enjoy having cross with me, which he certainly would be if his daughter woke him up loudly demanding a peanut-butter annwich, even though HE is the one who passed on the loudness gene, finally got around to reading the now-rarely-updated Tequila Mockingbird and found a thing which made me laugh--except not really, because that would make noise.

4 comments:

  1. hey, belinda, wisht i'd a-known you were up at 1:27 am. so was i. we could have had communal insomnia, instead of dual solitary insomnia.
    your blog always brightens my day -- even when it's not wholly cheery.
    cheerio,

    ReplyDelete
  2. "nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking-chairs" is one of my very favorite phrases. The others wouldn't be appropriate in this space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clicked on the link & laughed so hard. How true it is about BR's hatred of butts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i totally had insomnia, too, clicked the link, then ended up at bookcrossing where i signed up and then started deciding which books i would plant where and then it was 5am so i started calling howard stern cuz i have an idea how he can negotiate for his carts and did i mention i made a GIANT pot of coffee?

    i'm now ex.haus.ted. and the day stretches on....

    ReplyDelete