Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Genius Runs In The Family

This morning, as I'm occupied with laundry, Bella is behind me.

"Mommy, I can't bweeve." I turn to face her.

"Take your fingers out of your nose." She does, inhales exaggeratedly, and brightens.

"Now I can breathe! Thanks, Mommy!"

sigh.

Alex went to the grocery store this afternoon with a list I'd made, which included turkey bologna.

"Honey, this isn't turkey bologna--it's just turkey."

"Oh. Yeah--um...they didn't have turkey bologna, so I just got you some turkey." (points to another package of lunchmeat) "And some bologna." (beginning to laugh at himself) "I figured you could just put them together." (makes stacking gestures)

sigh.

And I swear to goodness, as I am typing this, he calls out from the bathroom, "Baby, did I have corn yesterday?"

SIGH.

These things are not covered thoroughly enough in the vows.

Don't forget to vote for jenandtonic in the "Best Personal Blog" category, and vote every day--only a couple of days left!

11 comments:

  1. What is it about men & corn in their poop? They have something innate that makes them acknowledge this.
    Oh gosh, what Bella said, lol, I'm so glad you're writing all of this down. Can you imagine her reading this when she's older? ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG andrew does that all the time. i don't get it, but it makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed my ass off at the corn comment.

    Eww.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hee hee, thanks for showing the not so glamourous side of marriage :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. man, if i was you i'd never leave the house. such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. >And I swear to goodness, as I am typing this, he calls out from the bathroom, "Baby, did I have corn yesterday?"

    Men, gotta love 'em, because the alternative involves jail time and a girl friend named Big Bertha who's killed seven people in seven states.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I'm thinking that maybe I should send the Boy down there for the summer so he can get some lessons on how to be really really hilarious. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think putting The Boy and Alex together...whoa. Just had a shiver. Hee.

    ReplyDelete