Saturday, November 19, 2005

Puppy Break

Just because. J.T., our current Top Ninja-In-Training, struts his stuff. At five and a half months old, he's almost old enough to show, and I think he knows it. He's doing his best to live up to his registered name, "Impulse Bad Intentions," and we hope he'll live up to his namesake, Jermain Taylor.

Anyway, at this point we are thrilled with this boy, and so glad we picked him for our "keeper" from his litter. He's bold, outspoken, and just arrogant enough. He self-stacks (sets himself up, as in the showring pose, naturally), is put together according to the breed standard, has a great bite, a gorgeous head, two testicles (hey--it's a concern with boy puppies!), a thick, heavy coat and tight little feet...and moves like a dream. He will be going out with a professional handler in January or February, but we may show him a time or two ourselves between now and then. Or not. (For a similar puppy-fix, in a larger package, go see Erin's boy Happy!)

12 comments:

  1. Now I see where you get the title for your blog. That is a ninja poodle. I didn't know they had black tongues like a chow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAAAAAAAAAHHHH!

    Forget ninja poodle... with those glowing eyes, he looks like an EVIL POODLE!!

    Hey! I want an evil poodle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh he's so CUTE!!!!!! I want one!

    How's this for being on the same wavelength - I just posted a pic of my dog on my blog, then came over here... more dogs! lol..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doug, they have pink tongues--that must just be a weird angle. Now, my black standard has black spots on her pink tongue--I've seen that in standards, but not yet in a mini.

    Dave2--I can TOTALLY hook you up with an evil poodle. Although, we prefer the term "wicked," since they are not actually of the devil, just...well, let's say way too smart.

    And Laurie...that could absolutely be arranged. BwahahahaHAAAAAA.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's just so cute. I can't wait to see him all gussied up in the ring. He still gets to have his puppy coat for a while, right?

    What the heck happened to your sidebar? Where did those ads come from? And why are they in the middle of your links? You should send me your template and I'll clean it up for you, plus I'll add your profile back in where it is. Email me and I'll promise to fix it just how you want it, OK?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, please! I am having huge computer/connection issues. Email me (see profile) and I'll shoot back the info. This is a very frustrating computer day for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. GORGEOUS!!
    We blacks are beauties.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ariella--you should check out who he's named for! More than a pretty face, too: Bad Intentions

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely puppy, and so well GROOMED! ;-) Isn't it funny how pics of your dogs show up on the blog right after they've been to my house? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. TOTAL coincidence. And I don't know how you're gonna get the rest of them done before you MOVE AWAY FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete