Monday, October 31, 2005

Luke, I Am Your Poodle

The Hairy Sith Lord Pokes Its Toungue At You.



Is there anything a dog won't do for the people it loves? This is standard poodle Delta, playing a dark Sith lieutenant to my nephew Grayson's Darth Vader. She adored trick-or-treating, and marched politely up to everyone's door by Grayson's side. Her only error was that the intended Dark Sith Death-Dog image was kind of marred by the tongue-lolling grin and the constantly-wagging tail sticking out from under her cape.


And this is our precious coonhound friend (and adopted family, through complicated poodle-relations) Fiona, in her fairy-princess outfit. I thought she loooked rather indignant, but was assured by her mom that she enjoyed being the belle of the ball. Anyone else have fun pet costumes to share?

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Belinda, this post made my day. What great dogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping you would post a photo of Darth Maul Dog. Excellent! There is nothing funnier than a dog (or cat) in costume. They look so ridiculous. I'm addicted, as you know. I've still got a ton of photos I didn't post on my site. There's always next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd definitely rather be Darth Dog than fairy dog.

    {eyebrow ^}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Fiona is a Fairy Princess because her story has a Fairy Tale ending!

    She went from being a lost, unwanted hunting dog on her last day at the city shelter to a new life as a spoiled, pampered house dog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That poodle is too cute - what a faithful dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is the BEST. Didn't work out as a breeding/show prospect, but I wouldn't trade her for a million. Besides, she is hopelessly devoted to Alex.

    Delta was actually the first thing Bella pulled up on, to stand. She's quite wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard to find anything purple for a large dog so guess I'll keep looking.

    Thanks, and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete