Friday, October 07, 2005

Bathroom Drama...A Questionable Concept At Best

Although the idea (via BoingBoing) of a lighted bathtub is, to me, kinda neat--I'd get a white one and pretend I was in "Cocoon" and getting younger with every bath (no, the fantasy wouldn't last long, but it'd be fun while it did), I have to question the need for "drama" in your bathroom, as the glowing tub website states. Of all the rooms in my house that could use some drama (and believe me, there are a couple), the bathroom is not one of them. If you have a toddler, and you make a habit of washing said toddler, you already have plenty of drama in your bathroom. If you don't have a small child, I suppose you could just do one-man-shows in your shower, or stage elaborate productions of "The Ice Man Cometh" or "Death of A Salesman"...depending on how many people will fit in to your bathroom and are willing to participate. I'm thinking it would be a pretty hard sell. But maybe the draw of a neon-green glowing bathtub would bring 'em in. You just never know.

1 comment: