Monday, September 19, 2005

Who Makes The WORST Analogies Ever?

My husband. Now, he's a smart guy. A really smart guy. He can do almost anything, figure out any riddle or brain-teaser, work his way through any sort of problem. There are two things, however, that he can't do to save his life: Anagrams and analogies. I mean, his analogies are terrible. Always. Every time. I will offer just one example:

Just now, he attempted an analogy comparing Pamela Anderson's breasts (actually, the irony of that stupid commercial where she has them on display as usual, and then says to the camera, "Hey, my face is up here")....wait for it...........to A MONKEY ON A TRICYCLE.
I can't imagine where he was going with that, but he gave up mid-way, mercifully. Bless his heart, I swear he can do anything else.

7 comments:

  1. Honey, those aren't breasts. They are grapefruits placed under her skin. I don't know what it has to do with a monkey on a bike, but I just wanted you to know that maybe the analogy was that both things are impossible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Alex will be very pleased to know that someone thinks he had a valid direction to that bizarre train of thought!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh speaking of analogies reminds me of the SAT's - remember when they had analogies on them (they are no longer on that stupid standarized test), I could never do them.
    As for those ads....you gotta hand it to that Pamela Anderson, she knows where the money is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. my husband is the same way! i'll have to ask him what a monkey on a tricycle means and then get back to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. VG--yeah, we just love how she totally markets herself on those boobs, and then says, "HEY--my face is up here!" Mebbee so, but your advertising is a few inches lower.

    Nita--Anyone whose first response to what they'd put on their prosthetic hand is "a tambourine" would probably get on well with Alex. They must never meet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. no doubt, sister :) we were stuck in traffic the other day and he said, "see, now would be a great time to have a tambourine hand!" all serious like....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my. Did he mean, to pass the time with, or did he think there was a way to use it to get the traffic going? Yep, that sounds like an Alexism, too.

    ReplyDelete