Saturday, September 24, 2005

Optimism

As we're (and again, by that I mean mostly Alex, bless his regal heart) sticking our fingers down the throat of this house, inducing it to purge all its clutter, Alex came across this item: This was the rack that held several beginner's wooden puzzles--actually a very cool gift for Bella from Alex's sister a Christmas or birthday ago. But as is the way of things with many pieces, one by one the puzzles lost their bits, and went the way of so many puzzles before them. I told Alex, "You can get rid of this, the puzzles that went in it are scattered hither and yon by now."

Alex: "I thought we might be able to use it for something."

Me: "Whatever on earth?"

Alex: "You could put trays of fresh-baked cookies in there to cool."

He's so cute.

13 comments:

  1. ooh - that could make a neat soap-curing rack.

    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Lara - make soap!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alex IS so cute, but you'd have to use those teeny trays that come with the Easy Bake Oven and skip every other rack so the cookies don't get smushed. Hey! He might be on to something there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good lord people! It's a CD/DVD rack! Just go to Burger King, steal some of those plastic trays, and call them "adjustable shelving"!

    Actually, I'd so use this, a couple cookie trays for shelves and it would be a workable toy shelf or ... something.

    Have I said yet that I'm an incorrigable packrat?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alex has strong "pack-rat" tendencies, too. I've been really proud of him lately for his purging capabilities.

    I would only be able to get about 8 bars of soap in there, I think!

    This thing is very small, about a 12" cube (although slightly rectangular). It wouldn't even hold very many cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had one of those for wooden puzzles too, and I sold it at a yard sale. I'm all about getting my money back for all those damn kids toys that littered my house for so many years. List it on CL Free and see if anyone wants it. I've gotten rid of a ton of stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Homer!
    MMmmmmmm...unexplained bacon....

    ReplyDelete
  8. A few cookies are better than no cookies at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. No wonder you and Alex get along. That's his philosophy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ever tried Freecycling the stuff you don't know what to do with?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Erin, I signed up, but apparently our area is not too active yet. We just got craigslist about 4 months ago, and still almost no one has discovered it.

    ReplyDelete