Thursday, September 01, 2005

Multi-Faceted Personal Tragedy


VERSUS:


COMPLICATED BY:

Or "Just A Big Ol' Whine-Fest" (and yes, I'd like some cheese with my whine, but I wouldn't be able to swallow it). This is a painting by Ray Jaunty titled "Sore Throat". I think it is surpassingly perfect in its descriptiveness of how my throat feels right now. Good job, Ray Jaunty, of whom I can find no further evidence of your existence aside from this sore throat rendering!

And on top of the allergy-sinus-drainage-coughing-sore-throat agony...this is running concurrent with my monthly Uterine Attack, wherein said organ attacks and attempts to devour me from the inside (judging by the feel of it, with a system of claws and gripping/squeezing devices). (Very Intelligent) Husband has made sure I am loaded up with ibuprofen, Coca-Cola, various narcotics, and chocolate. That last is a very important solider in the great Uterine Battles of Belinda. Alas, therein lies the rub. The very substance that could at least partially soothe my hormones while the drugs do their part, BURNS MY THROAT WHEN I TRY TO SWALLOW IT! The agony! The unfairness! The tragedy!

These are the primary soldiers in the war against the demonic endometriosis-powered uterus:



Do you SEE? Do you see how many of these mighty combatants against the Demonic Uterus require SWALLOWING?!? Gloom, despair, and agony on me. Deep, dark, depression, excessive misery. You know the rest. I'm seriously considering the spork again.

2 comments:

  1. OK. At 2:45 p.m. you should have been sleeping, medicating, gargling or simply resting in the darkness. Anything BUT internetting!

    Get well soon, my first baby girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I couldn't sleep because of all the coughing, and I had to sit up. But it was nice, Bella and Alex sleeping soundly and sweetly on either side of me, very comforting. And now it's that time again, because we all went to sleep early, and then all woke up. Ugh. To sleep, perchance to dream....

    ReplyDelete