Saturday, September 10, 2005

More Money Than Sense?


Well, then, here you go! You can have this actual, live Miniature Horse pictured from FAO Schwartz for the mere sum of $15,000. They call it a "miniature pony", but there's no such thing, really. It's a miniature horse, and as such is under 36 inches tall. By comparison, the pony we recently purchased for Bella, a registered, well-broke, Shetland Pony, in foal to an accomplished Shetland stallion, cost us well under $1,000, and will be able to serve as Bella's mount for quite some time. But hey--if you just have to spend the $15 grand to feel good about your pony purchase, then come see me next spring when Magic's foal is born, and we'll talk!

5 comments:

  1. They're talking about your blog on the craigslist parenting forum. Thought you might like to know. If I had $15K I'd buy my kid a new car, not a minihorse.

    BTW, I was doing volunteer rescue work today with someone who just came back from NOLA and got a bunch of interesting news about what's going on petwise. Email me if you want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'd love to hear what you found out.

    $15K around here would go STRAIGHT into the mortgage!

    P.S. If I had another daughter, could I name her Margalit? I've never heard it before. "Isabella" means "gift to God", and her middle name is Faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh how the other half lives...if I had $15,000 I'd pay off a little bit of my mortgage. But that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. $15K? I'll spraypaint my brother's dog and glue a wig on its back and pass the sucker off as a pony. Of course the barking might raise a red flag or two. I'll just say it's bi-lingual.

    I'm with VG. $15K would go a lot further in my home than on a half-pint horse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Especially when (at least around here) you could get the same exact thing for about $800. Alex said, "Well, if you made a couple million a year, it wouldn't be a big deal, so why not?" And I asked him, "OK, if you DID make a couple million dollars a year, would you let someone charge you $50 for a cup of coffee, just because you could *afford* it?"

    We're on a kick here wherein every spare cent we have goes to making extra principal payments on the cars and home, with a goal of being totally debt-free within about 4 years.

    ReplyDelete