Saturday, September 03, 2005

Live-In Entertainment Is So Convenient

My husband has three impressions that he can perform with any accuracy. They're actually pretty good, but it's a limited repertoire. They are: Sean Connery, Anthony Hopkins (but ONLY as Hannibal Lecter, so really, I should just say Hannibal Lecter), and Apu from "The Simpsons". I wound up more or less "assigning" Apu to him, because all of his foreign accents wind up sounding Bangladeshi.

So tonight, again unable to sleep, depressed and in desperate need for entertainment, I asked him to perform his impressions doing each others' shticks. Gotta admit, I laughed.

Imagine Apu saying, "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

Or Sean Connery doing Apu's "Thank you, come again," or "I can't believe you do not shut up!"

The options, while not limitless, are plentiful. Alex also does a great effeminate ghost. All the ghost says is "Boooooooo", but in a sissified way. This also works for an effeminate bull (moooooo), pretty much interchangeably.

Now, Hannibal Lecter doing the sissy ghost ("Booooooooo, Clarithe...") is pretty darn funny, if it's 2:00 a.m. and you've had just the right medications. Go ahead. Try it yourself.

I think we really, really need rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment