Monday, September 05, 2005

Butt-Face Necessities!

We make homemade soap. Or, we did before my depression/uselessness set in. We actually have several hundred bars sitting around right now, and people out there wanting it, if I could just get my act together and handle it without having an anxiety attack. Anyway, it's good stuff. Lovely, gentle, great-smelling, and pretty, with luxurious ingredients like goat's milk, buttermilk, oat flour, organic silk fibers, pure honey, and so on. Made with oils of avocado, olive, jojoba, wheat germ, shea butter, cocoa butter, etc. My point is, it's lovely soap. We've had lots of creative ideas about soapmaking, including an actual caffeinated soap scented with hazelnut coffee fragrance for that morning wake-up shower.

But I would never, ever, have had the idea for the two-sided bar of soap that was brought to my attention by my ever-vigilant Uncle Jesse. You can buy it here, and here's a picture:
Just so you don't get confused and use the wrong side of the bar on the wrong body part, you understand. And if that appeals to you, you may also be the ideal consumer for this companion product:
Or you could just use clean towels and fresh soap, but you know, whatever...

3 comments:

  1. I am so getting that for my husband for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know--ain't it a hoot? Mine makes fun of me for washing the first "layer" of soap off the bar after he's used it. No fool, me!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's silly!

    Hope you get back into soaping soon. You made great stuff!

    ReplyDelete