Saturday, August 06, 2005

Uteryou, Uterme, Uterus


Just now, bemoaning the wave after wave of excruciating, narcotic-resistant, endometriosis-powered pain emanating from my womb:

Me: "I want this uterus OUT."*

Alex: (Theatrical sigh) "Lemme get a spoon."

Me: "Not with a SPOON!"

Bella: "Mommy, what about a spork?"

Ahhh, wonderful. The humor gene, it is passed on.

*But I must make an exception for the baby-giving. I appreciate my uterus for the baby-giving. The only reason I've hung onto it for this long is in hopes of maybe being blessed with another delightful being who will make jokes about gutting me with a spork. 'Cause this one, well...totally worth the years of uterus-related agony.

2 comments:

  1. I'll pick a sense of humor over sympathy any day!

    What a resourceful young woman she is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It should also be noted that the representation of the female reproductive system shown here is not anatomically correct for me personally. The pain-flashes are spot-on, but I only have the *right* overy and fallopian tube. Wow...just think what I coulda done with TWO!

    ReplyDelete