Saturday, August 20, 2005

He's Putting His Foot Down


I'm not sure about what--there's a lot of grumbling under the breath going on. It has to do with one or more of the following things: ham sandwiches, finding a pen, getting me some ice, watching "Raging Bull", and Bella going to bed. I know I distinctly heard the phrase "putting my FOOT down". I don't know if he's putting it down for me, Bella, or one or more of the dogs...or all of us. Poor, modern man. I imagine there's a time or two in every married man's life when he'd like to behave like the husband character in an Ibsen play.

Please, Torvald, it's just a little macaroon..."

4 comments:

  1. Tell him to take a deep breath and calm down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, he wasn't even upset. Just walking around grumbling. I kinda feel for him, in a house full of women--I know there's times I'd like to "put my foot down!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what all the fuss is about. I am a very level headed man. I have a house full of dogs, a beautiful, wild, little daughter, and a newly medicated and now mostly stoned wife. I just wanted to watch "Raging Bull" (a classic I had never seen, a tragic oversight I was trying to right) all the way through without too very many tantrums from my toddler, barking sessions from our dogs, or requests for ice from my newly droggy wife. Oh, and also, the remote to the DVD is broken and you can't rewind between all the aforementioned interruptions. Anyway, after the 67th interruption and the request for food, well, "the foot was ready to come down....."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boo, hooo, hoooooo. And by the way, YOU were the one requesting food. Specifically, ham sandwiches. All I wanted was some ice. Your poor, medicated wife wanted some simple ice cubes...*sigh*.

    ReplyDelete