Tuesday, August 16, 2005

GirlCar


Have you read about Volvo's new concept car that was designed by an all-female design team? It's fantastic really, and sounds like the kind of car I'd love to drive. But if Volvo actually puts it into production, you know what people are going to call it, don't you? I don't have to even say it, do I? Good.

Oh, and my favorite quote from Volvo's president and CEO? Regarding the results of his company's customer research: "We learned that if you meet women's expectations, you exceed those for men," he said.

6 comments:

  1. Ohhhh I get get it now, took me a second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the joke ;)

    Why does it look like a Delorean from Back to the Future though?

    (I like the idea of space under the rear seats - that they should make in a real production car!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha! they can market it using the old seinfeld gag episode.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, I thought of that, too, Kimberly! It's a really neat car (have I said "neat" since 8th grade?), but it hadda be by Volvo? *sigh*

    Oh, well...we've made jokes for decades about men using flashy cars to compensate for anatomical inadequacies. Guess it's only fair.

    ReplyDelete