Thursday, July 28, 2005

The Downside of TiVo

I never thought there was such a thing, but I now realize that there is. When you TiVo all the
"Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "Angel" reruns on FX and TNT, you are subjected to the incredibly annoying DirecTV "Sunday Ticket" commercial--you know the one, with Jeff Garlin and assorted NFL notables (Dick Butkus, Peyton Manning, Barry Sanders) prancing through the suburbs as if they are all neighbors in middle-class America AND in a live musical every day, belting out the "NFL Sunday Ticket" song to the tune of "I've Got A Golden Ticket" from "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory"--at least 8 times per episode. And it's a LONG commercial. And did I mention, it's an IRRITATING commercial? Now, this would not be a problem if I were watching the shows alone and using my cat-like TiVo reflexes to zip through the commercials at triple speed (that's right, baby--THREE arrows for me!) and stopping at EXACTLY the point at which the show resumes (I have mad TiVo skilz, yo), but since Alex has now (inevitably, though he resisted) become enamored of the Buffyverse, having missed it all the first time around, he invariably winds up holding the remote (I think because he has a penis? Not really sure how that keeps happening) and taking great delight in TORTURING me by letting this ENTIRE commercial play. EVERY time. He'll get his, I say. I am a patient woman with a long memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment